Zucchini Fries Keto Low Carb is a healthy version of your ordinary french fries. They are full of flavor with grated Parmesan cheese and an Italian spice blend. This recipe is also gluten free, low carb and keto friendly for your delicious and healthy snack recipe.
Baked Zucchini Fries (gluten-free, low-carb) Recipe by Lisa Bryan from Downshiftology.
Content Tips for Zucchini Fries Keto Low Carb according to Lisa Bryan:
- Make sure your zucchini are dry. If you’ve just pulled them from the fridge before slicing they may start to condensate. Blot them with a paper towel before placing in the egg wash to make sure the egg sticks.
- Get your assembly line in order. Have the sliced zucchini on one side, then the egg wash, parmesan mix and parchment-lined baking tray on the other side.
- Keep your hands in separate working stations. Use one hand for dipping the zucchini in the egg and one hand for coating the zucchini with the parmesan. Don’t use the same hand for both, otherwise you’ll end up with wet cheese and clumpy zucchini fries.
- Flip halfway through. Every oven cooks slightly different so keep an eye on them. Mine cook for about 30 minutes and I flip at 15 minutes, but yours may very based on your oven and size of zucchini.
- Eat immediately! Zucchini are comprised of 95% water. And after they’ve been cooked they quickly release that water. That means, the longer they sit the softer they’ll become. So these zucchini fries are best eaten right away.
Zucchini Fries Keto Low Carb
- 2 medium medium zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian spice
Lemon Parsley Aioli
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- US Customary - Metric
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Slice the zucchini in half, then half again, then into quarters. You should have 16 slices per zucchini.
- Crack the egg in a small bowl or container and lightly beat it.
- Add the parmesan and spices to a separate bowl or container and stir to combine.
- Dip a slice of zucchini in the egg wash and transfer to the parmesan. Use your other hand to coat the zucchini in the cheese and transfer to the baking tray. Repeat this process until all zucchini are coated.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through on the cut side. Serve immediately.
- To make the optional lemon parsley aioli, add all ingredients to a small bowl and stir together.