Whole30 Lemon Chicken Broccoli is one of the easiest dinners you can make and you’ll love this easy clean up! It only takes 30 minutes to get a taste of this tastier and healthier stir fry dish. The lemon in this Whole30 Lemon Chicken Broccoli recipe makes it light and refreshing and just adds a ton of flavor. This will be a dinner the whole family will love!
Healthy Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe by Danae
Chicken and broccoli stir fry is a classic dish. We add our own fun twist and use fresh lemon and honey to create the freshest flavors. Danae from Recipe Runner here today with an easy and tasty weeknight dinner. Yes, we’re making our own takeout!
Homemade takeout is better than anything you order at your favorite Asian restaurant. Now don’t get us wrong, we absolutely love eating the fried, crispy Chinese food as much as anyone. But, when you finish eating takeout you often don’t feel very good. So we created homemade versions of our favorite takeout dish.
WHAT GOES WITH WHOLE30 LEMON CHICKEN BROCCOLI?
This dish definitely tastes great on its own or served with a simple side of grains. We love preparing Instant Pot Brown Rice to serve with the dish. A side of quinoa or Chow Mein tastes great with it too.
This homemade version of a classic takeout favorite combines fresh lemon flavor with sweet honey. The sauce is thickened with a little cornstarch, but don’t expect it to be that ultra thick sticky coating like you find on your takeout. It’s a lighter, healthier version.
Whole30 Lemon Chicken Broccoli
Honey Lemon Chicken and Broccoli:
- 1 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce use Tamari to make the recipe gluten-free
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup chopped broccoli florets
- Quinoa, or brown or white rice for serving
Honey Lemon Chicken and Broccoli Sauce:
- 3/4 cup Low-sodium chicken broth
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp honey use 3 if you want it sweeter
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp Sriracha optional
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Add chicken to the marinade, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate the chicken in the marinade for at least 15 minutes or even a few hours.
- While the chicken is marinating prepare stir-fry sauce, whisking all the ingredients together.
- Preheat a large skillet or wok over high heat. When the skillet is hot add in a couple teaspoon of oil and then the chopped broccoli florets. Stir-fry the broccoli for about 2 minutes, until it is bright green, but still crisp. Remove the broccoli from the skillet onto a plate.
- Add another teaspoon or so of oil to the skillet then add in the chicken, leaving the liquid from the marinade in the bowl. Stir fry the chicken until it is cooked through, about 3 minutes, then add the broccoli back in.
- Pour the stir fry sauce in with the chicken and broccoli and stir it around until it starts to thicken and coat everything, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the stir fry from the heat and serve over quinoa or rice.
- Nutritional information does not include rice or quinoa for serving.
- Store leftovers in a container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.