What Are Fitness Do’s and Don’ts?
Before you proceed with any fitness plan, you must know if your health approves of such strenuous tasks. Let your doctor know about the fitness plan you intend to take so that you can get accurate medical advice for your purpose.
Foot protection, hygiene, prevention of fitness hazards, and tidiness are guaranteed when you are cautious of the kind of shoes you wear for training. Attires like heels, socks, jeans, slippers, sandals, boots, or barefoot are not advisable wears while training is in session. However, you are permitted to remove your footwear when you are on the red mat meant for stretching and foam-rolling. Also, bring towels during your exercise for sanitation purposes.
Food and beverage consumption
Do not indulge in heavy food a few hours before training because you tend to get tired easily. Also, always stay hydrated while exercising, either with water or energy drinks.
Photo Credit By Nathan Cowley
Safety measures are some of the major Dos of any fitness program because it creates a safe environment if you follow the guidelines. Never hesitate to request for a spot if you lift a weight over your head and face, or if you suddenly feel weak. If you’re lifting weights, apply liquid chalk or magnesium on the palms of both hands to reduce the friction of sweaty palms. Wash the chalk residue off your hands, and also clean up spilled liquid on the floor if any.
Cleanliness and storages processes
Keep the equipment in the right place to ensure a safe environment. Don’t train in a way that will cause damages to the equipment. Clean the used equipment for a hygienic experience the next time you use it.
Go for your preferred routine exercise
When you have a regular and gratifying routine, it prompts you to be consistent with it. You can go through a variety of activities including walking, racing, running, weightlifting, rock climbing, dancing, baseball, handball, tennis, badminton, basketball and more.
Don’t try to speed up the process of losing weight
Medical practitioners revealed that losing more than a pound per week is hazardous to the victim’s health. Create a monthly weight loss plan instead of weekly or fortnightly. Also, get involved in weight loss exercises like dancing, skipping, basketball, weightlifting, long tennis and others.
Extensive Fitness Dos You Should Familiarize Yourself With
- Specify your fitness objectives. Stating your specific goals will help you focus on them which will result in an inevitable accomplishment
- Before you start a training program, evaluate your present fitness level. This allows you to set goals that meet your specific fitness requirements.
- Consider talking to your health care provider, especially if you have a health condition such as diabetes or obesity, before taking part in a fitness program.
- Before your workout always warm-up and don’t forget to relax afterward
- Don’t overdo it! Going overboard with exercises is a potential health problem.
- Complete your training routine and research for more interesting ones. You’ll tire quickly and skip training if you do the same exercises every day.
- Getting mental support from your family and friends would go a long way. It will serve as a source of motivation to push harder
- Before, during and after your workouts, drink plenty of water
- Conduct 10 – 15 minutes of exercise at the beginning of your routines
Extensive Don’ts You Should Know About Fitness
- Never consider giving up because it is not an option. Instead, talk to someone (preferably, your trainer) about your challenges.
- Don’t overwork yourself. Your body needs time to recover from the exertions so give yourself a revival break in between exercises.
- Do not skip breakfast. It kickstarts your metabolism which gives you the energy to pass through the day.
- Do not overlook your sleeping routine. A well-rested trainee will conserve energy to concentrate during exercises.
- Never forget to stretch before and after workouts.
- Choose particular times that you want to observe your routine and be consistent with it.
- Don’t forget to reward yourself for your achievements. However, do not take this as an excuse to eat junks and other unhealthy foods.
- Do not concern yourself with competing with other trainees because we all have different body systems.