This Lentil Curry with coconut milk and vegetables is special. The Vegan Lentil Coconut Curry is so delicious dinner and quickly together. This healthy recipe is gluten-free, high-fiber, dairy-free and nut-free.
LENTIL COCONUT CURRY Recipe by Beauty Bites
The super addictive Vegan Lentil Coconut Curry, share with others only if you really have to. Say, in emergencies. And what is an emergency? If a bear got out of the zoo, ate your neighbors and you are next. Yes, in this case, you will share the curry with that bear. And then she will be happy and will go peacefully. Of course, armed with the recipe for this lentil coconut curry.
HEALTH AND BEAUTY BENEFITS:
Besides being delicious and one of favorite winter meals of all times, this lentil curry is a good treat for your health and your beauty.
- Let just say lentils. They’re high in fiber and in protein – a perfect food for an athletic person. They lower cholesterol and contain a number of minerals like Zinc and Iron, which are important for hair and nail strength and a healthy skin.
- Then let’s talk about broccoli, that has been cooked for a maximum of 2 minutes here. Well, they’re known to activate detoxifying enzymes in the liver, so they are actually good for detoxification and protect from cancer and other chronic diseases.
- Fresh peppers, just like broccoli, are loaded with Vitamin C, important for the production of collagen – the protein that holds the skin together. No Vitamin C – no skin elasticity, my friends!
- Carrot, like red peppers, is bursting with carotenoids, those tiny little antioxidants, that prevent cancer, skin damage, cardiovascular diseases and just do miracles for our health, fighting those free radical bastards.
And that’s just to mention a few. Seriously do yourself a big favor and make this lentil coconut curry.
Vegan Lentil Coconut Curry
- 2 cups lentils (soak over night)
- 1 carrot
- 6 broccoli florets
- 2 peppers (red or green, whatever you have)
- 1 fresh onion
- a handful of chopped cilantro
- 8 lime leaves
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1/2 coconut milk/cream
- Optional: Serve with rice
- Rinse the lentils after soaking over night and put into a large cooking pan. Cover lentils with water and cook for 10 minutes at first at high and after 2 minutes at medium heat. If you're using small red lentils you might need less time.
- In the meantime cut all the vegetables (carrot, broccoli, fresh onion, pepper) in stripes, chop cilantro.
- When lentils are almost ready (you'll have to try them) – add 2 tbsp of the curry paste. Stir in well and add the coconut milk afterwards. Stir in well and leave to cook like that for 3-5 minutes, while stirring from time to time. Taste and add salt if you think you need it. If the lentils are not tender yet, add more water and cook while stirring a little longer. When ready continue to the next step.
- Add lime leaves, cook for 1 minute and turn off heat.
- Add all the vegetables and cilantro in the end. Stir in well, cover the pan with the lid and leave like that for a few minutes.
- Serve with rice if you want.