Herbed Lemon Garlic Chicken Skewers recipe is a Middle-Eastern kebab dish that is perfect for an outdoor party. Herbed Lemon Garlic Chicken Skewers are delicious, healthy, and easy. These are definitely ideal for summer dinners with simple side dishes. Get rid of the barbecue and enjoy the warmer weather and serve up this delicious chicken meal!
Herbed Lemon Chicken Skewers Recipe by Alyssa Rivers
Fresh lemon, herbs, and garlic come together in this fast and flavorful marinade. Complemented with fresh and bright summer veggies in this amazing meal that is under 400 calories!
Best Part of Herbed Lemon Garlic Chicken Skewers:
- This recipe uses common pantry ingredients.
- It provides nutritional information for each recipe.
- This recipe is customizable so you can fix healthy dishes that your family will love while maintaining your weight loss goals.
It is perfect for summer to throw onto the grill. They grill up in no time and have fresh and bright summer veggies included.
The flavors all came together so well and were a huge hit with the family. It just goes to show that you can still maintain a healthy lifestyle and eat delicious food that the entire family will love! This is the perfect summer meal and I know your family will love it too!
Makes 5 servings, serving size is 2 skewers
Calories: 197 Fat: 7g Carbs: 8g Fiber 2g Sugars: 4g Protein: 26g
Recipe from 400 Calories or Less with Our Best Bites
Can you freeze marinated chicken skewers?
Yes, you can. Marinate the chicken then thread the meat onto soaked wooden skewers/metal skewers and place in freezer bags or a freezer-proof container in a single layer before placing it in the freezer. Skewers can be frozen for up to a month and must be defrosted completely before cooking.
The Herbed Lemon Garlic Chicken Skewers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh herbs like mix rosemary and oregano of basil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 inch medium zucchini cut into 1/2slices
- 1 inch large red bell pepper cut into 3/4squares
- 1 inch medium red onion cut into wedges and then 3/4squares
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lemon cut into wedges for serving
- In a small bowl combine garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, herbs, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Set aside.
- Place cut vegetables in a zip lock bag and add 3 tablespoons of the herb marinade. Toss to coat. Place chicken in a separate bag and add remaining marinade and toss to coat. Let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and up to 4-6 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Thread the skewers alternating with meat and vegetables. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill for 3-4 minutes and then flip. Continue to cook and flip when necessary until the chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees.
- Serve with lemon wedges and squeeze on top.