Salmon fillet is marinated in teriyaki sauce with garlic, ginger, and soy sauce, then baked withinside the oven with bok choy for a clean one-pan dinner. This recipe offers a scrumptious meal that is mild and flavourful!
Teriyaki Salmon with Bok Choy Recipe by Julia Frey
So with the sunny climate out of doors and busy existence who desires to spend hours withinside the kitchen?!
One-pan dinners ARE the answer!! Meet Salmon Teriyaki and Bok Choy.
Is Labour intense? Not at all. Quick? 25 mins max!
HOW DO I MAKE TERIYAKI SALMON?
This teriyaki with bok choy is a meal for all tiers of domestic cooks. All you want to realize is a way to blend and pour due to the fact first, we make an aromatic marinade.
TERIYAKI MARINADE RECIPE
From the experience, Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce with Toasted Sesame and brought only a few extra fragrant matters like garlic and ginger, mirin (a critical a part of Japanese cooking), and a chunk extra of soy sauce.
The end result changed into significantly scrumptious that will surely lure your appetite to eat more.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH TERIYAKI SALMON?
There isn’t any starch on this specific recipe, strolling on a lighter side, however, you could add steamed rice or noodles to make this meal a piece greater filling.
The noodles are an absolute classic, so it difficult to move incorrectly here. As soon as served this with a bloodless soba noodle salad and there had been no leftovers!
WHAT VEGETABLES GO WITH TERIYAKI SALMON?
For young bok choy, it is advisable you pick veg clearly something you like. Broccoli, asparagus, squash, you call it!
Teriyaki Salmon Topped with Bok Choy
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1.5 lbs salmon fillet
- 4 baby Bok Choy
- spring onions
- sesame seeds
- In a small bowl mix the Teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, mirin, ginger and garlic pour all but 4 tbsp of the marinade over salmon and let it marinade for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Keep the reserved marinade for the bok choy.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Take the salmon fillet out of the marinade and arrange on a baking sheet together with bok choy. Brush the teriyaki marinade over bok choy and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the salmon and the bok choy are cooking, put the marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Set aside
- Take the salmon and bok choy out of the oven, remove the bok choy to a serving plate. Change the oven setting to a broil/grill and move the oven rack closer to the element, then broil the salmon for 1-2 minutes for a caramelized top, watch closely!
- Take the salmon out of the oven and brush additional marinade over the salmon and bok choy, sprinkle with sliced spring onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately with rice, noodles or on it's own for a low carb dinner.