These Sweet Potato Fries are crispy that are caramelized on the outside and tender on the inside. These are perfect snacks for everyone!
Perfect Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe by ADAM & JOANNE
How to Make:
This can be made in two ways: you can fry them or you can bake them. Since we like to stick to the healthier side, we prefer to bake our sweet potato fries. Follow the oven-baked sweet potato fries recipe and be rewarded with crispy, caramelized fries with tender middle.
Homemade sweet potato fries:
Step one, Scrub sweet potatoes clean and cut into fries. It is up to you as to how chunky you want the fries to be. like sweet potato fries to be thin and crispy, so as you can see from the photo, cut them pretty thin.
Step two, Season the fries and toss with oil. For the best tasting, season them with a generous amount of salt and pepper. So that they brown and get crisp in the oven, toss them with a bit of oil. Like using olive oil, but you can use what you have on hand. Coconut oil adds a nice flavor.
You can keep the seasoning simple or add even more flavor with spices. A pinch of cayenne, cumin, coriander, chili powder, or another seasoning would be a nice touch. You can even use cinnamon sugar.
Step three, add the fries to baking sheets. Scatter the fries over two hot baking sheets — used two so the fries aren’t too close to each other. If they were, they would steam instead of baking and crisping up. Like preheating baking sheet, too. This way, the moment the fries hit the sheet pan, they start cooking.
Step four, Bake until browned and crisp. The fries will take between 15 and 25 minutes to bake, depending on how large you cut them. Just keep an eye on them while they bake so they don’t over-brown on you.
Sweet Potato Fries
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- More salt for sprinkling over baked fries ( like flaky sea salt)
- Ketchup, optional
- Heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil then slide into the oven so they become hot.
- Scrub then cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch sticks. Add to a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Tumble sweet potatoes onto hot baking sheets and spread into one layer. Try not to crowd them too much or else they will not brown.
- Bake fries, turning once and rotating pans once, until edges are lightly browned and centers are tender; 15 to 25 minutes. The fries are done when the surface looks dry and the fries have puffed up a little. Don’t fret if the edges become brown, they will taste more caramelized than burnt.
- Serve fries with a sprinkle of extra salt on top.