These Sweet and Spicy Honey Sriracha Meatballs are glazed and full of so many flavors! They are perfect for weekly meal prep and take less than 30 minutes to make.
HONEY SRIRACHA GLAZED MEATBALLS Recipe by KELLY
Meatballs are such a staple recipe to have on hand because not only do they make great party appetizers, but these turkey meatballs also make a super filling meal you know you can feel good about eating! These meatballs are baked (not fried) and have so much flavor all on their own. You could really use this basic meatball recipe to mix with any sauce you’d like.
ABOUT MEAL PREP!
Seriously this recipe is super easy, great for meal prep. This meatball recipe makes about 40 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs.
Made a big batch of brown rice to serve with the meatballs, but you could easily use quinoa or even cauliflower rice if you prefer, and add about a 1/2 cup of cooked rice to each bowl. Also added some shredded carrots for a good crunch! Then just top everything with some green onions and sprinkle on a few sesame seeds and you’ve got a deliciously FILLING and healthy meal all ready to go!
Sweet and Spicy Honey Sriracha Meatballs
For the meatballs:
- 2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 3 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together turkey, breadcrumbs, eggs, green onions, garlic powder and salt/pepper until well combined. Shape mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls (you’ll make roughly 40 balls) and place spaced apart on prepared baking sheets lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake meatballs for 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- While the meatballs are baking, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking continuously. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes (the sauce will start to thicken) then toss with the meatballs.
- Serve immediately over brown rice and top with green onions and a few sesame seeds. Enjoy!