Sweet and Sour Chicken – Keto Low Carb is perfect for your healthy diet. There are a lot of chicken recipes and this is the best breast chicken recipe that is trending right now. This Keto and Low Carb Chicken Recipe will give you a new different way of cooking main dish meals. It has a new twist of ingredients of making a sweet and sour flavor phenomenal that will satisfy your craving with Asian cuisines.
Low Carb Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe and Content Tips by Ruledme
Content Tips about Chicken as Keto and Low Carb: by Kristin Berglund from dietdoctor
Chicken is a wonderful source of protein and it’s a delicious option on a low carb or keto diet. It’s versatile and often loved by eaters of all ages. By itself, chicken is way too lean to be keto (especially chicken breast without skin), but with added fat and some vegetables you’re able to make fantastic ketogenic meals.
When you buy chicken, it’s often a better deal to buy a whole chicken and divide it into pieces yourself. Chicken breast is usually the most expensive part and also the leanest so we also suggest for thighs, with or without the bone in, instead for the best chicken part alternative. They often come cheaper, have more natural fat and therefore more flavor. If you can get pieces with the skin on, it’s even better!
Sweet and Sour Chicken - Keto Low Carb
- 5-6 small Boneless Chicken Breasts or chicken tighs (for cheaper option)
- 1 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup Crushed Pork Rinds
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
Sweet & Sour Sauce:
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 1/2 cup Rice Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Reduced Sugar Ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Stovetop [Method 1]
- Cut chicken into cubes. Combine all the coating ingredients in a food processor and then coat the chicken by dipping into egg and then into the pork rind crumbs.
- Cook chicken in batches in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Reduce sauce in a pan while chicken is cooking.
- Coat chicken with sauce and mix together.
Oven [Method 2]
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Cube chicken breasts, cut off any excess bits.
- Crush pork rinds and add almond flour, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- 1 Bowl with beaten eggs, 1 bowl with pork rind mixture.
- Heat pan with 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil and 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil.
- Dip chicken cubes in egg mixture and then pork rind mixture.
- Fast fry chicken and transfer to baking pan, add more olive oil as needed.
- Mix sauce together and pour over chicken. Bake for 60 minutes, flipping the chicken every 15 minutes. Serve up and enjoy!