Holiday Season is unbelievably fast approaching! Guess you also didn’t see that coming, did you? These SunButter cookies are perfect for the holiday season or just when you’re craving a sweet treat. This SunButter cookies recipe is peanut and allergy-free, and vegan-friendly. What more could you ask for? They’re super easy, so it’s easy to involve others to help you out!
The Best Chewy SunButter Cookies Recipe by FoodByMaria
What you’ll love about these Cookies:
Now picture yourself sitting by the fire, warm cookies fresh out of the oven, a glass of (vegan) milk, and cozy slippers on your feet. The holidays are almost here and there’s nothing better around this time of year than the smell of fresh, chewy cookies in the oven. Do you really need more convincing to make these cookies? Well just in case you do, these cookies are:
- Allergy-friendly so kids can take them to school with them
- Fast, and you only need one bowl to whip these up
- Versatile, throw in the ingredients you love
- Easy to follow so the whole family can get involved
- Large batch allows you to make a ton for your friends, family, or colleagues
- 1 cup sunbutter no sugar added
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 5 tbsp oat or almond milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup white sugar (optional), mix well with cinnamon and set aside
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl combine your SunButter and sugars. Stir till well combined and smooth. You can now add the oat milk or almond milk and then the vanilla. Mix till well combined and begin to add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Use a wooden spoon to stir as the mixture get’s a bit tough, feel free to use your hands to form a ball.
- Place your mixture into the fridge for 15 minutes, this helps with forming the balls but is not necessary if you’re short for time.
- Using a 1 1/2 tbsp. scoop, scoop out dough and roll into balls. Now roll your balls into the cinnamon sugar and roll around till well coated (this step is optional). Now, place 8 cookies on each sheet and place around 2-3 inches apart. Use the back of your fork to create a criss-cross pattern on the top of the cookie.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. Remove from oven, let them cool for 2 minutes on the sheet then completely on a cooling rack.