We assure you that this strawberry arugula & basil salad will be the best salad recipe of this year! It is tossed in a simple balsamic dressing and sprinkled with crumbled Goat cheese. A beautiful addition to your outdoor gathering. Get it ready in minutes.
Colorful Strawberry Arugula Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe by Cookie And Kate
Creamy goat cheese and a simple homemade balsamic vinaigrette round out the sweet-and-slightly-spicy flavor profile.
However, it’s an unexpected combination of flavors, perhaps, but they’re truly irresistible together.
This is a hearty summertime garden salad that you can serve as a light dinner, or as a side salad for a crowd.
We should mention that this is a massive strawberry salad. We could barely manage to toss it all together on our serving platter. You could divide all of the ingredients in half—or better yet, store leftover salad and dressing separately and enjoy leftovers for a few days.
Hence, we hope you love this strawberry arugula basil salad as much as we do. Further to that, it would definitely make a statement on the table at your next summer get-together.
Strawberry Arugula Basil Salad Storage Tips
It also packs well for lunches, just be sure to separate out the arugula. When packing it up, make a bed of arugula on the bottom, placing the strawberry rice part over top, so the arugula doesn’t get overly wilty. You could also pack this in mason jars for a beautifully dramatic effect.
Moreover, check our recipe notes for ideas on how to change it up to suit your preferences. We will be waiting for your review. So try now and let us know how you like this strawberry stunner in the comments!
Strawberry Arugula Basil Salad
- 5 ounces arugula
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 pound strawberries, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup finely chopped red onion (about ½ small onion)
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese or feta, or 1 ripe avocado, diced
- ½ cup roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup halved and thinly sliced radish (about 3 medium)
- 1 med jalapeño, very thinly sliced (omit if sensitive to spice)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- Pinch of fine sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To assemble the salad: On a large serving platter or in a large serving bowl, layer the ingredients as listed.
- To prepare the vinaigrette: In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, combine all of the ingredients and whisk until fully blended. Taste, and add more salt or pepper if needed. The dressing should be nice and tangy, but you can add more maple syrup for balance if desired.
- When you’re ready to serve the salad, drizzle vinaigrette on top, and toss to combine. Serve promptly. (If you’re planning to have leftovers, store the salad and dressing separately and toss before serving.) Stored separately, leftovers will keep well for 3 to 4 days.