This Spicy Stuffed Tuna Avocado – Low Carb Keto recipe is a great light meal for snacks or side dish. It so quick and easy to make for only 10 minutes.
Spicy Tuna Stuffed Avocado Recipe by Natasha Bull
How to make the stuff tuna?
Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Add the tuna and other ingredients to a bowl and gently mix until combined. You can leave the sriracha out of the mix because it’s better to drizzle it on after, but feel free to mix it in if you wish. Spoon the tuna salad into the avocado halves. Drizzle sriracha over top and then eat ’em with a small spoon. That’s it! If you don’t want to eat these by themselves, serve them with some nice fresh bread (sourdough yum) or a small salad. Or soup on chillier days. If you do that, these can easily feed two people.
How Many Carbs In Avocado by myketokitchen
There are only 2grams of net carbs per 100g of avocado with a fat content of 15g. Avocados are the perfect fruit for keto diets. The low-carb, high-fat content of avocados along with high dietary fiber also makes them very satiating warding off hunger for longer.
Avocado Nutritional Facts and Keto Benefits
- Avocados are loaded with dietary fiber (up to 28% of your recommended daily intake per 100g) which you need on a keto diet.
- Fiber makes up a good part of avocados carbohydrate content which are not counted toward net carbs.
- Avocados are also an excellent source of electrolyte potassium. Which is necessary for good health on a keto diet. potassium helps fight off lethargy, fatigue and balancing other electrolytes such as sodium and magnesium.
- Avocados have high amounts of vitamin B-6 and vitamin C, for a healthy nervous system, immune system, and metabolism.
- 100g (about half of an avocado) contains only 160 calories and is an excellent low-carb replacement for bananas which are high in sugar.
Spicy Tuna Avocado Keto
- 1 large avocado pitted
- 1 small can tuna (oil-packed tuna) drained
- 1 teaspoon mayo
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard (you can use Maille Old Style)
- Small squeeze of lime juice
- Chives chopped , to taste
- Salt & pepper , to taste
- Sriracha drizzled, to taste
- Cut your avocado in half and remove the pit.
- In a small bowl, mix the tuna, mayo, mustard, lime juice, chives, and salt & pepper until combined. Give it a taste and adjust the ingredients as needed.
- Spoon the tuna mixture equally into each avocado half.
- Drizzle sriracha over top.
- Eat immediately; I just use a small spoon and dig right in.