A delicious sole fillet pan-fried is full of protein and healthy dinner. This crispy, crunchy, super versatile, and easy recipe is made with simple ingredients.
Pan-Fried Sole Fillet Recipe by Lorena Grater
Fish is an excellent protein to include in your diet. It is full of omega-3 fatty acids, which are healthy fats!
Ingredients and Substitutions:
- Sole Fillet: Any fish fillet works here but sole fish is awesome because it’s so thin and needs only 1 minute per side to cook. The best alternative is a haddock fillet.
- Dried Onion: They are super flavorful and perfectly clean and healthy.
- Parmesan: Other hard cheese can work but is higher in fat and will melt. Parmesan is great because it can withstand a lot of heat and doesn’t easily burn.
- Spices: Paprika, oregano, sea salt, and pepper are super flavorful and work wonderfully for fish but add any spices you love to your onion parmesan mix.
- Eggs: Eggs are necessary to serve as “glue” for the crust. Recommend not to replace or omit the eggs.
Instructions For Sole Fillet Pan-Fried:
- Take the sole fillets out of the fridge and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat.
- Get two large flat bowls big enough to fit a fillet into them. Add 2 eggs to the first bowl and whisk until completely liquid and not snotty anymore.
- Add 1/2 cup dried onion, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1 tsp sweet paprika, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp sea salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper to the second bowl and mix until well combined.
- Submerge the entire sole fillet in the whisked eggs. Then transfer to the bowl with the crust ingredients and press lightly to ensure it is completely covered.
- Add 1 tsp butter to the hot pan and place 2-3 sole fillets at a time, make sure to not overcrowd them. Pan-fry for only 1 minute on one side, then flip and fry for another minute on the other side.
- Serve immediately and drizzle fresh lemon juice all over.
Sole Fillet Pan-Fried
- 1 lbs sole fish fillets
- 1/2 cup dried onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- Start the cooking process by cooking your side dishes. The sole fillets will be all cooked within 10 minutes so your side dishes should be almost done before you start adding the fillets to the pan.
- Take the sole fillets out of the fridge, pat them dry with a paper towel, and set aside on the kitchen counter.
- Get two large flat bowls that fit a fillet into it nicely, and add 2 eggs to one and whisk until completely liquid and not snotty anymore.
- Add the dried onion, Parmesan, and spices to the other and whisk until well combined.
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat and once hot, add a teaspoon of butter.
- Submerge a sole fillet in the whisked eggs and then transfer to the other bowl and cover well with the crust ingredients.
- Place 2-3 sole fish fillets at a time in the pan, not overcrowding it, and pan-fry for only 1 minute on one side, flip, and pan-fry another minute on the other side, then immediately serve with your side dishes.
- Drizzle fresh lemon juice over the fillet.