This Smoked Salmon Salad is low calorie and gluten free. A very pretty, healthy and nutritious salad with excellent source of omega 3 fatty acid. This is perfect for your side dish or a good main dish for people that want to lose weight.This smoked salmon salad low calorie recipe is so easy to make with green fresh ingredients.
Smoked salmon salad with green goddess dressing Recipe by taste.au
Impressive Health Benefits of Salmon: by Health Line
Salmon is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. This popular fatty fish is loaded with nutrients and may reduce risk factors for several diseases. It’s also tasty, versatile and widely available.
Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Salmon is one of the best sources of the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. A 3.5-ounce (100-gram) portion of farmed salmon has 2.3 grams of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids, while the same portion of wild salmon contains 2.6 grams (1, 2). Unlike most other fats, omega-3 fats are considered “essential,” meaning you must get them from your diet since your body can’t create them.
Salmon also have other great benefit like the following:
- Great Source of Protein
- High in B Vitamins
- Good Source of Potassium
- Loaded With Selenium
- Contains the Antioxidant Astaxanthin
- May Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
- Can Help Fight Inflammation
- May Protect Brain Health
- Delicious and Versatile
Smoked Salmon Salad Low Calorie
- 1/2 cup (105g) French green lentils , rinsed
- 2 baby fennel bulbs , thinly sliced, some fronds reserved
- 1/2 cup (130g) natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley , plus extra parsley leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon salted baby capers , rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch caster sugar
- 60g baby spinach
- 1/2 medium avocado , sliced
- 180 grams sliced salt -reduced smoked
- Cook lentils in a large saucepan of boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a chargrill pan over high heat. Spray fennel slices with oil. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until tender.
- Process the yoghurt, parsley, chives, tarragon, capers and lemon rind in a food processor until smooth. Season with pepper.
- Place onion, juice, sugar and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Combine the lentils, fennel, onion, spinach and avocado in a large bowl. Divide among plates. Top with salmon. Sprinkle with the reserved fennel fronds and extra parsley. Drizzle with the green goddess dressing.
- 1236 kj = Energy
- 13g = Fat Total
- 3g = Saturated Fat
- 8g = Fibre
- 20g = Protein
- 20g =Carbs (total)