Shrimp Avocado Keto Salad is a perfect side dish for your healthy diet. It is paleo, low carb and gluten free. This shrimp avocado recipe is so easy to make and loaded with fresh ingredients. According to health line, A simple avocado-shrimp salad is keto-friendly. Shrimp is high in protein and nutrients like iodine. Iodine aids brain health and is required for making thyroid hormones, which regulate your metabolism.
Easy Shrimp Avocado Salad with Tomatoes Recipe and content by Christina Cherrier
Tips for the shrimp avocado salad
- This shrimp avocado salad recipe can be made in under 20 minutes, it really doesn’t take much doing to prepare a fresh batch — a quickly-prepared protein (such as shrimp) is one of the essential parts of composing a salad like this.
- You can serve this shrimp avocado salad as an appetizer or light meal. You can put this over slices of toasted bread to make it more substantial.
- If making this for a party, you can easily double or triple the recipe. Just cook shrimp in batches to not overcrowd the pan.
- To make ahead, combine all the ingredients except for the avocado and cilantro and keep this refrigerated, then add them just before serving the shrimp avocado salad.
- Also avocados are very good for you this has been emphasized by Denis of mylifecookbook. They are full of beneficial nutrients. It’s high in vitamins K, C, A, B5 and B6. It’s also a good source of healthy fats, fiber and it’s low in carbs. Avocados actually have more potassium than bananas!
What shrimp should I use for the salad?
Frozen shrimp is okay for this recipe but try as much as possible to buy wild-caught shrimp. Fresh wild-caught shrimp tends to have better flavor. You can use the shrimp with the tails on or off. Large shrimp (jumbo, colossal, extra large, whatever the name named… with a caliber of 16-20) will do best because they are meaty and juicy.
Make sure not to crowd the shrimp in the skillet, otherwise, moisture will form and shrimp won’t sear properly. You’ll end up with steamed rubbery shrimp.
Shrimp Avocado Keto Salad
- 8 oz (225g) raw shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1 large avocado , diced
- 1 handful (60 grams) cherry tomatoes , diced
- 1/2 red onion , minced
- cilantro (or parsley) Freshly chopped
- 2 tablespoons salted butter , melted
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- To make the shrimp avocado salad: Toss shrimp with melted butter in a bowl until well-coated. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to the skillet in a single layer, searing for a minute or until it starts to become pink around the edges, then flip and cook until shrimp are cooked through, less than a minute.
- Transfer shrimp to a shallow plate and allow cooling while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Add all other ingredients (avocado, tomato, red onion, and cilantro) to a large mixing bowl. drizzle with olive oil and lime juice and toss to mix everything together.
- Add cooked shrimp and give a quick stir to mix together. Season the shrimp avocado salad with more salt and pepper, to taste. Enjoy!