This Salted Toffee Nut Cups Recipe will satisfy your need for sweet, salty, creamy, and crunchy all in one. Salted Toffee Nut Cups is not so easy to make, however, incredibly delicious! It’s worth every hardship you’ll get through! It’s a great recipe for any time, especially for the Holidays. A recipe that the kids will surely love. Salted Toffee Nut Cups is an Italian Pine Nut Cake recipe. You won’t believe how amazing this classic tastes! Try out and taste for yourself! A must-try recipe that is perfect for all celebrations!
Salted Toffee Nut Cups Recipe by Ruled.me
Before we get to the nitty-gritty of how mind-blowingly tasty these are, let’s talk about trying to make toffee out of fake sugar. Basically, it’s not easy.
It’s not that the task is difficult, toffee is two ingredients and you can make it in the microwave, but it does take your complete attention and diligence. Toffee making waits for no one and it can burn in an instant! So here are the basics: make sure you stir often, watch for a light caramel color to develop, remove when the mix is the color of warm caramel. Oh, and always use oven mitts because the bowl is hot! You might think it isn’t ready because it will still be very watery. That is when you add a little extra sugar, stir, and watch it thicken right up!
When the Salty, Sweet, and Chocolatey cravings strike, these Toffee desserts are the perfect solution! These toffee nut cups will satisfy your need for sweet, salty, creamy, and crunchy all in one! Some of the butter from the toffee always seeps out into the chocolate making it even more of a melt-in-your-mouth treat. Literally!
Yields 5 single-serving Salted Delicious Toffee Nut Cups.
Salted Toffee Nut Cups
- 5 ounces low-carb milk chocolate
- 3+2 tbsp erythrito
- 3 tbsp cold butter
- ½ ounce raw walnuts, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Melt chocolate slowly by microwaving on power level 8 in 45 second intervals, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted.
- Place 5 paper cupcake liners into a cupcake pan. Drop a dollop of chocolate into each liner and spread to evenly cover the bottom. Brush chocolate up the edges slightly with a spoon or pastry brush. Place in the freezer to harden.
- In a microwave safe glass bowl, heat the cold butter and erythritol on power 8 for three minutes. You must stir the mix every 20 to thirty seconds to prevent burning! The mixture will still look very watery and will be extremely hot! Add 2 teaspoons of erythritol and stir to thicken. Add the chopped walnuts.
- Remove the chocolate cups from the freezer and reheat the chocolate if necessary. Fill each cup with a half spoon full of toffee mixture. If the mixture begins to separate and harden, that is normal! Just stir it gently and work quickly.
- Top each cup with remaining chocolate and cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove from cups and sprinkle with sea salt!