This Healthy Air Fryer Fish is a dish that’s already good on their own but when you dip it in the sauce, it makes the whole experience different! This recipe brings you another dish that’s going to be the crowd’s favorite. Healthy Air Fryer Fish is so simple BUT delicious. What’s not to love about a quick and easy low carb fish recipe in the air fryer? Within minutes, a healthy fish dinner is on the table. Ready in just 20 minutes! Serve air fryer fish with homemade tartar sauce, and lemon wedges.
Air Fryer Fish Recipe by Diana
What Kind of Fish Can Be Cooked in the Air Fryer?
This air fryer fish recipe works with any kind of fish fillets! Use cod, tilapia, catfish, pollock, hake, haddock, or even salmon.
The best way to thaw fish is by leaving it in the fridge overnight. Or, if the piece is not too big, you could just leave it in the counter for an hour or 2 until it’s completely thawed.
- An Air Fryer.
- Stainless steel locking tongs
- Non-stick grill pan accessory.
- Stainless steel measuring cups, measuring spoons.
- These are the mixing bowls that you see in all of my pictures, they’re honestly the best!
- This air fryer magnetic cheat sheet is very handy, it contains cooking time and temperature to cook 66 most common ingredients which is very useful for air fryer recipes.
- Air fryer parchment liners, they’re not just for steaming and you can use them for cooking things like fries or chicken without worrying that the food will stick to the basket. They’re also quite cheap and there are 100 pcs in a package.
- And for a full set of air fryer accessories, we recommend this set.
How to Air Fry Fish
Normally, we use fresh fish fillets to make this. But you could also use high-quality frozen fish fillets, just make sure that they’re completely defrosted/thawed before you bread and air fry them. You will need oil to coat the fish fillets before coating in the breading. You can also go for olive oil (love the flavor!), canola, or vegetable oil. For the breading, use either homemade or store-bought dried bread crumbs. Mix with any spices that you like, onion and garlic powders, black pepper, salt etc Coat each fish fillet in the seasoning breadcrumbs, and remove any excess breading before you cook in the air fryer. Cook in the air fryer at 200°C (390°F) for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through at 8-10 minutes. Serve hot with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
- You could use either fresh fish fillets or frozen fish fillets that are completely thawed. The fillets should not be too thin as thin strips won’t work in this recipe. For smaller pieces of fish, try this Air Fryer fish sticks recipe.
- Make sure that your air fryer basket is not overcrowded as that will prevent the fish from crisping.
- You might need to adjust the cooking times depending on the kind and the thickness of the fish that you’re using and the model of your air fryer. Fish is ready when it’s easily flaked with a fork.