Ever crave for a Japanese dish but is hesitant on where to go? Thanks to this Easy Vegetable Ramen recipe, you can now get to make your own savory ramen in the comfort of your very own home! Put down that cup of instant noodles. Seriously. Why settle for mediocre when you have the real deal… from scratch? This Easy Vegetable Ramen is full of fresh vegetables, noodles, and authentic flavors, and it’s ready in just 15 minutes.
Quick and Easy Vegetarian Ramen Recipe by Sam
Lazy meals do not mean unhealthy meals. For some reason, ramen noodles seem to have racked up a bad reputation. Guessing because it’s largely due to the instant cup noodles kind. Like, of course dinner out of a Styrofoam cup is not going to be healthy. Leave the cup noodles to the college kids. Real ramen (not the 25 cent kind) is healthy and full of fresh ingredients, not dried carrots and peas that come to life when you add water… yikes. Put that stuff away and use real ingredients!
INGREDIENTS IN VEGETARIAN RAMEN
The best thing about ramen is that it is pretty much fully customizable. The important thing is the soup base. That, you don’t want to change. But the protein and vegetables can be switched up for whatever you have on hand.
- Broth and seasonings – vegetable stock, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, mirin or rice wine vinegar
- Noodles – dried ramen noodles
- Vegetables – fresh shiitake mushrooms and baby spinach
- Protein – eggs. You can add whatever protein you want. Tofu goes really well in this ramen. If you are not vegetarian, then shredded rotisserie chicken, beef, prawns are also great options.
- Toppings – green onions or scallions, shredded carrots, sesame seeds (optional)
- hot sauce, to taste (optional)