These delicious quick overnight oats are perfect and most easy to make breakfast. These are high in protein, tasty, healthy, and full of nutrients.
How to Make Overnight Oats Recipe by Karo
These overnight oats are easy to make, packed with nutrition, and will keep you full for the day to come. They only take 5 minutes to make. All you have to do the night before is to add all your ingredients to a glass jar, mix, and place them in your fridge.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Almond milk
- Chia seeds
- Greek yogurt
- Rolled oats
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Peanut butter (optional).
Instructions For Quick Overnight Oats:
When it comes to making these overnight oats, this is pretty easy.
- All you have to do is add all the ingredients to a glass jar and mix them together.
2. Keep in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight.
3. Once oats are ready, give it a stir and top up with slices of banana. However, that‘s optional. You‘re free to use any topping you want, as long as it complements the taste of the oats.
Tips and Tricks:
Here are some of the tips for the questions you might have!
- Make overnight oats vegan
Making these overnight oats vegan is quite simple. Instead of using Greek yogurt, use good vegan yogurt. Some options include coconut milk yogurt, soy milk yogurt, or almond milk yogurt.
2. Use protein powder that tastes good
Now some protein powders can be pretty chalky and downright awful. And no amount of maple syrup is going to mask the yuck factor.
3. Do we have to add protein powder to overnight oats?
No, your overnight oats will still contain a good amount of protein.
To ramp up the protein content, you can replace the almond milk with soy milk or regular milk. And you can add toppings like almonds and hemp hearts.
4. Can you heat up overnight oats?
Just place your overnight oats in a microwave-safe container. Then, heat for about a minute.
Or, you can pour your oats into a saucepan and heat over medium heat until warm. Be sure to add a bit more almond milk if it is too dry.
Overnight oats are mostly healthy, depending on the ingredients you use. However, avoid high sugar foods to keep your blood sugar levels at bay.
Quick Overnight Oats
- 1/2 unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Mix all the ingredients in a food container or glass jar. Make sure you combine them well.
- Keep in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight.
- When you take it out of the fridge, top it with slices of banana.