A quick and delicious low-carb keto breakfast casserole is flavorful and filling. Packed with eggs, sausage, spinach, and veggies. It is very easy to make and always a favorite.
Quick, Easy Keto Breakfast Casserole Recipe by JUSTIN WINN
AN QUICK LOW-CARB KETO BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
When following a low-carb diet, it’s nice to have easy breakfast options on hand. This sausage breakfast casserole is a go-to for an easy Keto breakfast. Just make it over the weekend and you can easily reheat the leftovers for an easy breakfast!
WHAT VEGGIES DID YOU SNEAK IN THIS KETO EGG CASSEROLE?
Eating a keto/low carb diet is hard, and we’ve found it can feel pretty limiting in what vegetables you consume. Sometimes you really want the flavor of garlic and onions, you know?
The good news is, when you make a large dish like this keto breakfast casserole, per serving you are only getting a small amount of garlic and onion so it remains fairly low carb. We also added in some mushrooms, spinach, and fresh sage to compliment the eggs and sausage.
DAIRY FREE KETO
Cheese is really amazing, but we like providing you with options. Not everyone can tolerate dairy or might be cutting out dairy for a Whole30 or other reasons. For this recipe, the cheese is totally optional. It will turn out great either way! We added some avocado on top when we left out the cheese for a little bit of extra flavor.
YOUR TURN TO TRY THIS KETO BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Go ahead and whip up this low-carb breakfast casserole for a family brunch or to have leftovers to eat for the week. Leave a comment below to let us know how it goes.
Quick Keto Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb Ground sauage(can sub ground turkey or chicken)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, chopped (or sub dried)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Sliced avocado (optional topping)
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once hot add in the sausage to cook and break it into small pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is browned, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- While the sausage is cooking, chop onion, garlic, bell pepper, mushrooms, spinach and sage as noted. Shred cheese if you are using cheese.
- Grease a large baking dish with ghee.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs. Add the sausage, chopped veggies, cheese (if you are using cheese) salt and pepper and mix. Pour everything into the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until eggs are set in the middle.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, cut into pieces, and serve.