If you love pumpkin, then you will definitely love this Pumpkin Protein Brownies recipe we have for you! These Pumpkin Protein Brownies are healthy and are packed with protein, perfect for a post workout dessert. This recipe only requires you 7 ingredients!
Pumpkin Workout Brownies Recipe by Chocolate Covered Katie
The pumpkin adds so much moisture to these brownies, without all the extra fat and calories. They are so super soft and fudgy! Unlike brownies made with oil, the pumpkin also adds fiber and Vitamin A. Not that anyone’s reason for eating a brownie is to get more Vitamin A… but it’s a nice bonus!
These pumpkin brownies are a delicious and healthy post-workout choice. They’re perfect if you’re the type of person who loves healthy desserts and is looking for a new healthy snack option instead of the usual energy bars or protein bars.
You can eat them unfrosted or top the brownies with any favorite frosting recipe. Or you can simply press some mini chocolate chips on top right before they go in the oven for an easy no-frosting brownie that is ultra chocolatey.
Pumpkin Protein Brownies
- 1 1/4 cup Pumpkin Purée
- 2/3 cup almond butter or allergy-friendly sub
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp chocolate protein powder or additional cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Line an 8-inch pan with parchment. Gently warm almond butter until it is easily stir-able.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stir until completely smooth, and spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake on the center rack 20-25 minutes (20 for extra fudgy brownies) – they will be undercooked when you take them out.
- Let cool, then loosely cover with a paper towel and refrigerate overnight, during which time they firm up without losing their fudginess. They’re also much sweeter the next day!
- Frost as desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers 2-3 days or cut and freeze up to a month. You can eat them straight from the freezer if you wish!
- Sunbutter or pumpkin seed butter can be used for allergy-friendly brownies. You can use regular unsweetened cocoa or a combination of regular and dutch.