Power up on protein with these tasty Pumpkin Protein Bars! With oats and protein powder as the base, these bars are gluten-free and if you use a vegan protein powder they’re vegan as well. These Pumpkin Protein Bars are perfect for snacking or breakfast. Each bar has less than 60 calories and 5 grams of protein! Great, right!?
Vegan Pumpkin Protein Bars Recipe by Eating Bird Food
You may think it’s hard to find a healthy protein bar recipe but we have a great one for you today. These bars are almost like a cross between a pumpkin cake and a pumpkin pie. They are so moist and flavorful….lots of spice! It has a nice pumpkin pie flavor, a hint of sweetness, and a good protein to carb ratio. They really pack a protein punch which makes them great for a pre or post workout snack! or as a grab-and-go breakfast bar.
This snack is with dairy free dark chocolate chips on top of the bars because they’re cute and chocolate makes everything better. This will be the best protein bar that you will ever taste in your life that’s not going to fail your diet!
Pumpkin Protein Bars
- 1 cup rolled or quick oats (certified gluten-free if needed)
- 1 cup Vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1–2 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8X8 glass Pyrex dish with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Stir together the dry ingredients including oats, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients including the maple syrup, pumpkin, and almond milk.
- Gently stir the dry mixture into the wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spread batter evenly into the prepared dish, sprinkle on a few dark chocolate chips, and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Bars keep best if stored in the refrigerator.
- Calories: 56
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 5g