Fall is already here, that fast!? Get festive for the holidays and hit your macros at the same time! These Protein Gingerbread Cookies are not only fun & festive, but also healthy! Enjoy these cookies in a healthy way with your family on holidays!
Vegan Gingerbread Protein Cookies Recipe by The Ora Crew
There’s nothing better than the smell of freshly baked gingerbread cookies during the holidays (except maybe the taste of sad cookies.) If you love cookies that are soft, tasty, and vegan, then this recipe is going to be your best friend this season! Not only are these quite possibly the best vegan gingerbread cookies around, but they’re also packed with plant-based protein! Plus they’re incredibly easy to whip up, which is a blessing during the craziness of the holidays.
Keep it simple, keep it tasty.
These cookies are good regardless of what the temperature is outside. These cookies are insanely delicious, low sugar , high fiber, high protein, gluten free, and vegan… so, it may be safe to say they’re safe for almost everyone. This recipe is fun, easy, and quick to make that you can tag along everyone! Enjoy a good food taste along with the memories it will bring when you make it with your loved ones.
Protein Gingerbread Cookies
- 2 cup spelt flour or whole grain flour
- ¼ cup Ora Organic Vanilla Protein
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger a little more if you like it spicy
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil
- ⅓ cup Molasses
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Gently combine all of the dry ingredients (flour, protein powder, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, nutmeg, and salt) together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, blend together all of the wet ingredients (sugar, coconut oil, molasses, applesauce, and almond milk).
- Slowly sprinkle the dry ingredients into the food processor with the wet ingredients to combine everything well.
- Taste test the dough and adjust the gingery-ness as desired.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of wax paper, until it’s about a quarter of an inch thick.
- Cut the dough into festive AF shapes and place an inch apart on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Pop the dough in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up. (You can skip this step if you prefer blob-shaped cookies).
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes. They’ll firm up a bit while they cool.
- Put your artistic talent to work and decorate your cookies (if desired).