Say goodbye to the worries of feeling like ruining your days for eating a satisfying meal! Enjoy this hearty Protein French Toast and protein packed spin on a breakfast classic. This Protein French Toast is quick enough to make on a busy weekday morning but fun enough for a lazy weekend brunch.
High Protein French Toast Recipe by
Filling French toast sandwich bread stuffed with fresh fruit and topped with maple syrup. This meal has 12 grams of carbohydrates and 14 grams of protein, per slice of bread. This healthy toast with banana and almond butter that is full of healthy fat and protein, but still delicious! There is just a little warm comfort feeling in french toast and now you can enjoy all those things in a lightened up way.
Make French Toast Ahead of Time
This recipe makes two servings so if you aren’t cooking for that many in your home, know this recipe is just as delicious (if not better) as leftovers. Store in an airtight container in the fridge and then reheat a slice in the toaster oven when you’re ready to enjoy! You’ll love the way it tasted after being toasted because of the crispy edges.
Protein French Toast
- 4 slices High Protein P28 bread
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- Assorted Fruits: blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, cherries, bananas sliced into bite size pieces.
- Powder sugar (optional)
- maple syrup
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a shallow dish.
- Over medium-low heat, add butter to a skillet or griddle.
- Coat bread with egg mixture and place it on the heated pan. Cook for about a minute or until the bread is golden brown, then turn to cook the second side.
- Place one slice of French toast on a serving plate and add the desired amount of fruit (about 1/2 cup). Top with another slice of French toast.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup. Enjoy!