Protein Chickpea Minestrone Soup would be the perfect soup to warm you up this winter season. With this dish, you’ll surely get a boost of healthful protein. Not only is this protein-packed but also gluten-free and low calorie! Protein Chickpea Minestrone Soup is the best Instant Pot or slow cooker soup! Simple, healthy, delicious, and nutritious.
High Protein Chickpea Minestrone Soup Recipe by Skinny Fitalicious
If you love vegetables, meat and pasta, you’re gonna love this high protein chickpea minestrone soup recipe! The best part is you can literally throw the ingredients in an Instant Pot and have dinner done in under 30 minutes. Yep! That’s as say as it gets folks!
Don’t have an Instant Pot? Don’t worry! There’s a slow cooker version in the notes below.
HIGH PROTEIN CHICKPEA MINESTRONE SOUP
Love minestrone, but don’t love the carbs? If you have Hashimoto’s disease, then you know traditional pasta’s off-limits. While there are many gluten-free kinds of pasta available now, many of them are cross-contaminated or are higher in carbs. So what’s a gluten-free person to do?
Chickpea pasta! It’s our favorite replacement for flour-based kinds of pasta. Not only are they higher in protein, but chickpeas are also high in fiber and naturally gluten-free. A much healthier alternative to regular pasta, but one piece of advice is to look for organic chickpeas pasta. Chickpeas are heavily sprayed with pesticides so organic is a better option!
WHAT YOU NEED
- Ground turkey, chicken, or beef
- Olive oil
- Chickpea pasta
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- Diced tomatoes
- Tomato juice
- Onion, garlic
- Italian seasoning, bay leaves
- Instant Pot or slow cooker
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot (it is highly recommended that you invest in one or put it on your birthday wish list because they are life-changing!), then you can make this recipe on the stovetop or in a slow cooker.
- Soups can be made with any of those methods. The Instant Pot just makes it so very easy!
- For the veggies and meat, substitute anything you like. That’s what we love most about this recipe. How versatile it is!
- If you do buy mixed veggies with corn, we recommend you buy an organic, non-GMO one as corn is the most genetically modified crop which contributes to inflammatory problems.
- Hope you love the recipe, it’s a goodie!
Protein Chickpea Minestrone Soup
- 1 lbs ground turkey or meat of choice
- 1 1/2 cups pasta chickpea
- 15 oz tomatoes diced
- 15 oz Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups mixed veggies frozen
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- + salt and pepper to taste
- Place the olive oil, onions and garlic in the Instant Pot and set to sauté. Cook 1-2 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add the ground turkey and cook another 5 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spatula as it cooks.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot, cover, set to pressure cook and set the release valve to seal. Note, it will take the Instant Pot 15-20 minutes to build up pressure before it cooks so plan accordingly!
- Cook 3 minutes then release the pressure valve, uncover and serve!
- To make on the stovetop, follow step 1 and 2 of the instructions only using a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a low simmer, cover and cook 10 minutes until pasta is al dente then serve!
- To make in a slow cooker, place all the ingredients except the pasta in a crockpot and set to high for 3-4 hours. Add the pasta during the last 30 minutes then serve!
NUTRITION FACTS PER SERVING (1SERVING)
- CALORIES 395 kcal
- FAT 8 g
- SATURATED FAT 0 g
- CHOLESTEROL 41 mg
- SODIUM 1369 mg
- POTASSIUM 958 mg
- CARBOHYDRATES 52 g
- FIBER 13 g
- SUGAR 10 g
- PROTEIN 37 g
- VITAMIN A 3520 %
- VITAMIN C 36.1 %
- CALCIUM 139 %
- IRON 9.3 %