This perfect and easy Balsamic Glazed Salmon is so tasty and ready in a very less time. A healthy salmon you can enjoy with family as a lunch or dinner.
Easy Balsamic Glazed Salmon Recipe by Brittany Mullins
This balsamic salmon is easy to make healthy and flavorful, there are only six ingredients involved, all of which you probably have in your kitchen!
Ingredients For Perfect Balsamic Glazed Salmon:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Salmon fillets: Both wild salmon and farmed salmon have benefits! While wild salmon might be considered the better choice, it is more expensive, and farmed salmon is still a great option!
- Olive or avocado oil: To sauté the salmon in.
- Honey: A hint of sweetness for the glaze.
- Balsamic vinegar: The balsamic vinegar caramelizes slightly and is so good!
- Red pepper flakes: Adds more flavor than spice.
- Sea salt and black pepper: To taste and bring the flavors of the dish together.
The best part about having fish for dinner is that it cooks super fast and you can have dinner ready in less than 30 minutes.
Can You Eat Salmon Skin?
Yes, the skin contains the same nutrients found in salmon. Just make sure you’re eating high-quality fish from a reliable source if you choose to eat the skin, you can just slide the flesh off before eating as well!
What to Pair With this Balsamic Salmon?
Here are some ideas:
- Rice: Brown rice or quinoa
Perfect Balsamic Glazed Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets, about 3–4 oz each
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper. Add salmon to skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- While the salmon is cooking, whisk together honey, vinegar and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Add vinegar mixture to skillet and simmer until fish is fork-tender and liquid reduces and thickens, about 5 minutes. For a thicker, reduced sauce, simmer for 5 to 10 additional minutes. You may need to remove the salmon during this process, just to make sure it doesn't overcook.
- Plate salmon and serve with sides of your choice.