Haven’t discovered perfect meal to start your day the winning way? Then, this Overnight Breakfast Casserole Keto is definitely just the kind of breakfast you are looking for! Overnight Breakfast Casserole Keto is a sausage breakfast casserole that has tons of flavor from the sausage. Well, you don’t have to a worry about how filling this meal is as this adds in a great portion of vegetables all in one bite.
Healthy Keto Low Carb Breakfast Casserole With Sausage and Cheese – Gluten Free Recipe by Wholesome Yum
A healthy breakfast casserole is a delicious way to start your day…and an easy one. Seriously, half a dozen ingredients and some spices, and you have a sausage, egg and cheese casserole without bread, that will make your mouth water! We hope this low carb breakfast casserole recipe will become a staple at your house like it is in ours.
While easy keto breakfasts like a Eggs Benedict Keto Recipe are great, sometimes it’s nice to have a hearty, satisfyingly hot meal to start the day and that is where this keto breakfast casserole comes in. When you need an easy low carb breakfast, this is your winner.
Most people might not think about making egg casserole without bread or potatoes, but you won’t even miss them when you make this healthy low carb breakfast.
Basic Components of a Healthy Overnight Breakfast Casserole Keto
There are five basic building blocks for any healthy breakfast casserole: eggs, dairy, meat, veggies, and cheese. When you blend these delicious ingredients together, you get a low carb egg casserole that is delicious enough for Sunday brunch and simple enough for a weekday dinner. You really can’t beat the ease and deliciousness of this healthy breakfast casserole!
Eggs are the star of the show here. They are high in both fat and protein, but low in carbs which make them the perfect foundation for this keto breakfast casserole. But don’t fooled; this is not just a simple egg breakfast, friends. This is the ultimate low carb egg casserole, a feast for your taste buds!
Heavy whipping cream is totally keto friendly and a fantastic way to get the fluffiest eggs imaginable. Scrambling the eggs and whipping cream together makes light and airy eggs that are also rich and savory. If your low carb breakfast casserole needs to fit paleo standards, simple use coconut cream instead.
Overnight Breakfast Casserole Keto
- In a greased skillet over medium-high heat, cook the minced garlic for about one minute, until fragrant.
- Add the breakfast sausage. Cook for about 10 minutes, breaking apart with a spatula, until browned.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- If using broccoli (or other veggies), blanch them in boiling water for about 5-7 minutes, until crisp tender. Then plunge into an ice bath to stop cooking, drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, half of the cheddar cheese, parsley, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Grease the bottom of a glass or ceramic 8x8 in (20x20 cm) or 9x9 in (23x23 cm) casserole dish (we use this one). Arrange the crumbled sausage evenly at the bottom of the casserole dish. (If you want to add any pre-cooked vegetables to your casserole, mix them with the sausage at this step.)
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until the eggs are set and cheese is melted.
- Serving size: 1/9 of the recipe, 3x3 in square if using a 9x9 pan or 2.7x2.7 in square if using an 8x8 pan
- Nutrition info does not include optional broccoli or other veggies, which will depend on what you use.
- Calories 281
- Fat 23g
- Protein 17g
- Total Carbs 1g
- Net Carbs 0.9g
- Fiber 0.1g
- Sugar 0g