Use all that meaty goodness by cooking shallots, tomatoes, and mushrooms in the same pan as you do the steak before tossing them in this paleo kale steak salad.
Kale Steak Power Salad Recipe by Meal Prep On Fleek
Looking for different salads to try? We appreciate delicious salads that are filling and activating new flavor profiles, don’t you? Then try this power salad meal prep recipe! This paleo kale steak power salad has a zesty and refreshing burst of flavors that compliment the steak, fennel, and blue cheese. The power behind this kale salad is its high protein content paired with the superfood sweet potato. Sweet potatoes are an abundant source of beta carotene and vitamin A, and it’s said that they also contain medicinal properties. We also add fennel, Brussels sprouts, pecans, and blue cheese giving you a variety of tastes in one salad.
This steak and blue cheese bowl are full of rich flavor that keeps your taste buds guessing! Crunchy fennel adds licorice depth while tangy blue cheese complements the robust steak. This salad is great for cooler months with comforting roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes.
How long will paleo kale steak power salad last?
Kale and steak power salads last for 3 to 4 days when properly stored in the refrigerator. Keep the salad in an airtight container for optimum freshness.
Can paleo kale steak power salad be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze power salads – but be mindful of the ingredients. The proteins are always fine to freeze, but some of the vegetables don’t freeze well unless you make adjustments. In this case, you don’t want to cook the sweet potatoes thoroughly so they retain their firmness when reheated or thawed. Freezing Brussels sprouts is also questionable. The best way to freeze this power salad is by focusing on the steak. You can cook the sweet potatoes a couple of days ahead of time and refrigerate them before making the salad. Bake them in the oven or cook them in a crockpot using our Crockpot Sweet Potatoes meal prep recipe.
How do you make kale steak power salad?
Kale steak power salad is very easy to make and is ready in under 40 minutes.
- Combine all of the salad dressing ingredients in a blender or Nutri-Bullet and blend until it’s smooth.
- Bake your lightly oiled and salted Brussels sprouts and cubed sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Cook your steak in a heated cast-iron pan with olive oil over medium heat. Sear each side of the steak for 4-5 minutes. Let the steak rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Finally, top 2 cups of kale with steak, potatoes, sprouts, fennel, pecans, and blue cheese.
How to portion this salad?
Add two cups of kale to each bowl and top with sliced steak, roasted vegetables, fennel, pecans, and blue cheese. Then divide your lemon-herb salad dressing into 4 plastic cup containers and store each cup of dressing with one bowl of kale power salad.
Other tips for making this power salad:
- Make a batch of lemon-herb dressing ahead of time. You can find it in other power salads like the 3 Easy Power Salad Bowl Meal Prep Recipes here.
- You can freeze salad bowls, but doing so can make them less flavorful.
- Cut your steak and vegetables into bite-sized portions.
- Use dry kale. Wash, drain, and pat dry, or use pre-washed, bagged kale.
- Drizzle your salad with dressing, then toss and mix your salad well right before eating.
Other recipes you might like to try: Hot Chocolate Homemade Recipe, Oven-Baked Keto Juicy Ribs, Healthy Chicken Soup
One-Pan Crispy Paleo Kale Steak
For Lemon Herb Dressing
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp olive oil for greasing
- 1 lb. sirloin or strip steak
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chopped sweet potatoes
- 2 cups halved Brussels sprouts
- 8 cups shredded kale
- ½ cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- ½ cup blue cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup lemon herb dressing above
- Combine ingredients for dressing in a blender or Nutri-bullet and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and lime a medium baking sheet with parchment paper. Add Brussels sprouts and sweet potato. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper. Gently toss with hands to coat. Roast for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. Remove from oven and cool at room temperature while cooking steak.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a cast-iron pan for 2 minutes. Season steaks with salt and pepper on both sides. Place onto the hot pan and sear for 4-5 minutes on each side, depending on thickness and desired doneness (rare, medium, well). Rest steaks on a cutting board for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of kale to 4 GoodCook round containers and top with fennel, roasted vegetables, pecans, blue cheese and sliced steak. Add dressing to 4 sauce cups included in the package. Store in refrigerator until enjoying.