These Nut Bars Keto Snacks are the perfect keto breakfast, this easy snack is low-carb and high fat, making it a great freezer-friendly keto snack that you can grab and go!
Keto Nut Bars – No Bake Keto Snacks Recipe by Rachel
Ingredients Nut Bars Keto Snacks –
This Keto snack bar recipe is nutty but using raw nuts means they aren’t really heavy and have a nice sweetness from the syrup sweetener.
Lovemaking these Keto Nut Bars when so many small amounts of nuts and seeds are left and about to go shopping.
It is fantastic for using up all those leftover scraps because you really can put whatever Keto-friendly nut or seed in there.
You will need:
- Mixed nuts and seeds
- Dessicated or shredded coconut
- Chia seeds
- Coconut oil or butter
- vanilla essence or paste
- almond butter or peanut butter
- Sukrin Gold Fiber Syrup.
Mixed Nuts and Seeds:
Love the mix of almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and sunflowers seeds, but this is mainly because always have these in the fridge. Calculated the macros based on this mix.
Using your favorite combination of nuts for this easy keto snack recipe is key to making sure you enjoy it and reach for this keto snack bar over a chocolate bar.
You could also use macadamias in these Keto Nut Bars which think would add an amazing creaminess, but also more calories and expense!
You can use desiccated or shredded coconut or even coconut flakes for this! Use whatever got in the pantry. If you don’t like coconut, substitute for some extra smaller seeds like pumpkin and chia seeds.
This recipe uses a small number of chia seeds, which helps add some extra crunchy texture and bind it together! You could also use flaxseed instead.
Coconut oil or Coconut butter
Usually use coconut butter as that is what is always in the keto pantry. It needs to be solid at room temperature (not the liquid coconut oil) as this helps bind them together.
Storage Tips for Nut Bars Keto Snacks:
As there are not many perishable products in the keto nut bars, they last for ages!
Cut them up into individual bars and then store them;
- Fridge: Store in an airtight container with baking paper in between the layers.
- Freezer: wrap individually in foil as the perfect grab and go snack
- They should also be stored in the fridge or freezer, as they are held together by the coconut oil solidifying. So they get melt if left out for too long.
Nut Bars Keto Snacks
- 2 cups Mixed nuts and seeds (Used almond, walnuts, pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sukrin gold fiber syrup
- Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper. You can grease it slightly to help the paper stick if needed.
- Roughly chop the larger nuts. You can leave them whole but will have a more crumbly bar. Combine in a large bowl with the dessicated coconut, chia seeds and salt.
- In a small microwave proof bowl, add the coconut oil/butter, vanilla, almond butter and fiber syrup.
- Microwave the oil and butter mixture for approx 30 seconds until it combines easily. Stir thoroughly to evenly mix together.
- Pour the melted mixture over the nuts and seeds and thoroughly combine.
- Press into the baking tin, using the back of a measuring cup to push down firmly and spread the mix evenly.
- Freeze for 1 hour before cutting, or refrigerate until ready to eat. Store in the fridge or freezer.