This No Bake Energy Bites recipe is a healthy take on the traditional no bake cookies. These sweet, no bake treats take only 20 minutes to throw together! No Bake Energy Bites are full of good-for-you ingredients and make for quick, portable breakfasts and snacks. An irresistibly delicious treat!
No Bake Energy Bites Recipe by Gimme Some Oven
These little energy bites are so easy to make with simple pantry ingredients that are pretty much always on hand. They are super easy to mix up and roll into cute little energy balls. (Or if you would like to save time, you can press the mixture into a parchment-covered baking dish, and then cut them into energy bars.) They are the perfect make-ahead recipe to keep on hand for healthy snacking or breakfasts. And most importantly, they are just irresistibly good.
If you have trouble getting the energy balls to hold together, adding in more peanut butter to make the mixture a bit more sticky is recommended. Or if you would rather, you can also just press the mixture into a square baking dish to make flat energy bars instead of round energy balls.
You also have other variations to pick too, namely: Energy bars, Use different nut or seed butter, Omit the coconut, or Add spices (cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice).
No Bake Energy Bites
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup toasted shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or vegan chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Stir everything together. Stir all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Chill. Cover the mixing bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, or until the mixture is chilled. (This will help the mixture stick together more easily.)
- Roll into balls. Roll into mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Serve. Then enjoy it immediately! Or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.