Meatloaf Keto Low Carb with Side Veggies is a healthy main dish plus gluten free. This meatloaf recipe is one of the most favorite recipe for ground beef. Also these two in one recipes of meatloaf and veggies is an easy combination of healthy complete meal that you can share to your family and friends. This meatloaf and veggies recipe is amazingly meaty, juicy and tasty. Enjoy!
According to Bobby Parrish, It’s easy to make a low carb meatloaf. Just leave out the binder that normally comes in the form of breadcrumbs and make sure to substitute that with moist and soft veggies. You can use keto friendly veggies for a low carb meatloaf, so stay away from carrots and opt for green peppers, a little sweet onion, and garlic.
Cook the veggies in a pan for a good 15 minutes or until soft and wilted. Combine that with two pounds of ground beef, 2 eggs, and some grated Parmesan cheese. Here is the best part of this keto meatloaf, spread it out on a piece of parchment paper, and layer pieces of sliced mozzarella and prosciutto over the top. Then use the parchment paper to roll up the meatloaf and place it in a tin. This will create that pinwheel look when you cut into the meatloaf later on.
If you want your meatloaf to be soft and moist, you have to make sure to to over mix the beef and the ingredients. The longer you mix, the harder the meatloaf will get while it cooks, so make sure to combine just until everything is incorporated.
Low Carb Meatloaf & Veggies Recipe and content tips by Bobby Parrish
Meatloaf Keto Low Carb
For the meatloaf:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan or pecorino romano cheese
- 5 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- ¼ pound sliced prosciutto optional
- Keto ketchup no sugar added
- Kosher salt & fresh peppe
- Avocado or olive oil
For the veggies:
- 8 ounces broccolini or baby broccoli
- 1 large Japanese eggplant or any eggplant available
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- Zest & juice of half a lemon
- Kosher salt & fresh pepper
- Avocado or olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F for the meatloaf. Pre-heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat along with 2 teaspoons of oil. Add the onions, green peppers, thyme, ¼ teaspoon salt, and a few cracks of pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. Add the garlic and cook another 5 minutes, or until the veggies are very soft.
- Meanwhile, add the ground beef to a large bowl along with the eggs, parmesan, 1 teaspoon salt, and a few cracks of pepper. Once the veggies are ready, add them to the bowl with the beef and use a large spoon to start mixing, the veggies will be too hot to handle(too cold to hold ?). After mixing for 20 seconds use your hands to thoroughly mix everything together, but make sure not too overmix or the meatloaf will be tough. Use a piece of wax paper or parchment paper and measure an 9x10 inch rectangle. Spread the meatloaf mixture onto the paper and shape it so it fits 9x10 inches. Layer the cheese and prosciutto so they overlap on the meatloaf and then use the paper to roll the meatloaf up tightly, watch the video above to see how my wife does it. Pinch the ends of the meatloaf closed and flatten them, transfer meatloaf to a tin seam side down, and cover with as much keto ketchup as desired. If you don’t have a meatloaf tin, place on a sheet tray seam side down. Bake for roughly 75 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 155 F. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-20 minutes with some tin foil tented on top.
- While the meatloaf is cooking, make the veggies by brining a medium size pot of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt along with the broccolini and boil for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the eggplant into large bite size pieces and slice the shallots and garlic. When the broccolini is ready, drain and cut into bite size pieces, set aside. Pour 3 tablespoons of oil int a large non-stick pan and heat on medium-high for 2-3 minutes. Once hot, add the shallots, garlic, mustard seeds, and tilt the pan so they fry in the oil. Cook just until the veggies are golden brown and then remove from pan but leave the oil behind. The shallots and garlic will burn easily, so make sure to pull them as soon as they are ready. Add the eggplant and broccolini to the pan, turn the heat up a notch, and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the eggplant is golden brown and both veggies are cooked through. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt, a coupe cracks of pepper, and turn off the heat. Mix well and add the lemon zest and juice, check for seasoning, you may need more salt or lemon. Transfer the veggies to a clean bowl and top with the crispy shallots, garlic, and mustard seeds.
- Slice the meatloaf and serve with the veggies, enjoy! Everything will keep in the fridge for 5 days or can be frozen for 2-3 months. The best way to reheat everything is in a 350 F oven for 8-10 minutes, if using a microwave, make sure to cover the container with a wet paper towel and don’t overheat the food, or it will dry out.
693 calories, 3.1 grams of net carbs, 5.5 grams of total carbs, 50.2 grams of fat, 47.6 grams of protein, 0.6 grams of fiber Macros per serving of veggies, makes 5 servings:
115 calories, 5.16 grams of net carbs, 9.8 grams of total carbs, 9.36 grams of fat, 2 grams of protein, 4.4 grams of fiber