This Low Fat Mushroom Soup brings the most comforting and warm meal to your table. This creamy soup’s flavor is earthy, rich and it happens to be on the skinny-ish side too. Low Fat Mushroom Soup uses fat-free evaporated milk to create a lighter version of the soup classic. Enjoy the delicious creamy taste of Cream of Mushroom Soup with half the calories!
Skinny Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe by Not Enough Cinnamon
Milk products are simply amazing! Take the evaporated milk for instance. It’s a wonderful way to lighten up a dish that calls for cream — and that’s precisely what we’re doing here, with this Skinny Cream of Mushroom soup!
Honestly, you won’t miss the heavy cream in this Skinny Cream of Mushroom Soup at all. It’s the same deliciousness, but you save hundreds of calories. Don’t you love that? A creamy comforting mushroom soup, without all the calories.
We were thinking how fun it would be to blind test some people and let them taste this Skinny Creamy of Mushroom Soup along with the regular one that calls for heavy cream. We’re sure no one would tell the difference! No one will believe you created such a dynamic dish in under 30 minutes!
Other recipes you might like to try: Keto Bacon and Egg Cups Recipe, Low Carb Salisbury Steak Recipe, Healthy Creamy Chicken Curry Recipe
Low Fat Mushroom Soup
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 shallots chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2.5 lb regular white mushrooms sliced
- 2 cup water with 1 fat-free bouillon cube or 2 cups fat free chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts optional
- freshly cracked pepper
- Heat a soup pot on medium heat and add butter. Let it melt and add shallots. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add mushrooms and cook them for about 3 minutes, stirring regularly, until they shrink by half.
- Stir in water and bouillon cube (or stock) and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and, using an immersion blender, blend mushrooms until totally smooth, with no chunks remaining. Stir in cornstarch and evaporated milk, and mix well. Return to the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve the soup in bowls, topped with chopped walnuts and freshly cracked pepper.