There’s nothing like a big stack of pancakes for breakfast, they’re a classic breakfast staple! Just because you’re on the Keto diet doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the joys of flapjacks. Low Carb Pancakes are sugar free and keto friendly pancake that is made with almond flour and cream cheese, they taste as close to the real thing as you can get. This Low Carb Pancakes recipe is super easy and will definitely satisfy your craving.
Keto Pancakes Recipe by Delish
There’s a lot of keto pancakes out there that involve 2 ingredients: cream cheese and eggs. They’re okay, but they’re a little eggy and way tangier than we like. Adding [almond] flour makes them a little cakier, and the lemon zest gives them an added layer of flavor that we’re totally addicted to. Not a fan of lemon? Add a teaspoon of vanilla instead!
Obviously, most typical pancake toppings aren’t allowed on the Keto diet. Here are some ideas for toppings that will take ’em to the next level without kicking you off Keto: toasted unsweetened coconut, a drizzle of melted unsweetened peanut butter, a handful of berries, or go savory with a sprinkle of bacon!
Low Carb Pancake
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 4 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- Butter for frying and serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cream cheese, eggs, and lemon zest until smooth.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Pour in about 3 tablespoons batter and cook until golden, 2 minutes. Flip and cook 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve topped with butter.