A rich and creamy lightened up alfredo sauce that’s so easy to make, and it tastes just as good as the original! This Low Cal Alfredo Sauce is one of a kind sauce just for your comfort food, fettucine alfredo. With this recipe, you don’t have to worry about your calorie intake. Low Cal Alfredo Sauce is a significantly light version of a classic recipe (helloooo only 130 calories per serving). Made with skim milk, broth, Greek yogurt, and parmesan, this alfredo sauce will surely impress without the guilt!
Healthy Alfredo Sauce Recipe by Jennifer Debth
Is Alfredo Good For You?
Healthy Alfredo Sauce. Sounds like an oxymoron, yes? But it’s not. THIS alfredo sauce is, in fact, healthy!
- Normally? No way.
- Today? Heck. YES.
It’s also super yummy, super easy, and super tasty on things like whole wheat pasta and pizza.
What Can You Use Instead of Heavy Cream For Alfredo Sauce?
Instead of heavy cream, today, we’re using a combination of broth (for flavor), skim milk (for consistency), and non fat plain Greek yogurt (for extra creaminess). This combination allows us to create a super creamy sauce with just a fraction of the calories. Surely, there’s a time and place for the full fat, heavy cream alfredo sauce, because it is delicious, but spring is literally right around the corner, so something light is a must.
This Healthy Alfredo Sauce is lightened up with skim milk and your choice of broth (chicken or veggie for flava), but is kept creamy with the help of non fat plain Greek yogurt, and just a teeny tiny touch of parmesan cheese.
Healthy Alfredo Sauce? Gimme.
Other recipes you might like to try: Keto Bacon Brussels Sprout, Chicken Salad with Avocado, Lentil Soup High Protein
Low Cal Alfredo Sauce
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup broth vegetable or chicken
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup non fat plain greek yogurt room temperature
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle with cornstarch and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- While whisking, slowly add in broth and milk.
- Continue whisking to combine until smooth.
- Raise heat to medium high and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Once simmering, simmer for about 2 minutes, until it starts to thickened, again, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and little by little, whisk in Greek yogurt.
- Once combined, place back on the heat (medium) and stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for an additional 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Serve over pasta* immediately or let cool completely (so it can thicken) and serve as a pizza sauce and enjoy!
- If not using immediately, store in airtight container in fridge.