This Keto Zucchini Fries Recipe is made with just 4 ingredients. These are so crispy and crunchy, they are secretly healthy snacks to enjoy anytime.
KETO ZUCCHINI FRIES Recipe by ARMAN LIEW
Since going keto, we have had fewer options but still, there are many keto snacks that pack in more fat and oil than traditional chips. Instead, we’ve been making homemade versions of snacks. As potatoes aren’t allowed on a keto diet, we’ve loved making fries out of zucchini!
To share a keto zucchini fries recipe for quite some time. They have been a healthier and low-carb alternative to traditional potato fries. They take minutes to make and are seriously addictive. Now, these fries may look incredibly fancy but we promise you, they are so easy to whip up.
No grains and no excessive oil are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture is long, thin, crispy, and crunchy. They are salty and slightly cheesy, without being overpowering.
How do you make keto zucchini fries Recipe
- Zucchini– Use firm zucchini, not overripe ones. The latter will become quite limp and lose the ideal ‘fries’ texture.
- Eggs– To dip the zucchini in before coating it in the breadcrumb and parmesan mixture.
- Keto breadcrumbs substitute– You can use either crushed up Quest tortilla chips or pork crackles. Prefer tortilla chips, but both work well.
- Parmesan cheese– Use finely grated parmesan cheese, and NOT the kind in the dry grocery aisle.
- Salt and pepper– To taste.
Start by slicing your zucchini into long and thin strips. Next, add your eggs to a small bowl and whisk them together. In a separate bowl, mix your breadcrumb substitute, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
Now, dip the zucchini in the whisked eggs, before dipping them in the breadcrumb mixture, until mostly coated. Place the zucchini on a lined baking sheet. Repeat the process until all the zucchini has been covered in the coating. Bake at 200C/400F for 20-25 minutes, regularly rotating them to ensure they become crispy on all sides.
Finally, remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Can we make Keto Zucchini Fries Recipe in the air fryer?
Yes, feel free to make these zucchini fries in the air fryer instead of the oven. Simply spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and cook at 200C/400F for 13-15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Be sure not to overcrowd the basket, otherwise, the fries will cook unevenly.
Tips to make the best low carb zucchini fries
- Oven makes and models vary. If your fries aren’t super crispy, you can bake them a little longer.
- You must rotate your fries as they are baking, as we don’t want certain sides to be soggy.
- Feel free to add extra spices or seasonings to amp up the flavor.
- Serve the fries with your favorite keto condiments, like ketchup.
Storing and reheating zucchini fries
- To store: Leftover fries should be stored in the refrigerator on a plate, covered, for up to 5 days.
- Reheating: Either reheat the fries in a preheated oven, air fryer, or even a non-stick pan.
Do not freeze the zucchini fries, as once thawed, they soften considerably.
Keto Zucchini Fries Recipe
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups keto breadcrumbs * See notes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice your zucchini into thin matchsticks and set aside. In a small bowl, add your eggs and whisk them until combined. In a separate bowl, add your keto breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Dip your zucchini in the egg mixture, followed by the spice and crumb mixture, and place on the lined sheet. Repeat the process until all the zucchini has been used up.
- Bake the zucchini fries for 22-25 minutes, regularly turning so they become ultra crispy. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.