These Keto Pepperoni Mini Pizza Bites is loaded with pepperoni and mozarella cheese. Even if this pizza is a low-carb and keto-friendly dish, you will surely find yourself craving for more.
Keto Pepperoni Pizza Recipe by Annie Holmes
These Keto Pepperoni Mini Pizza Bites is so easy to make that it will be your go-to meal when you feel lazy but want to cook up something delicious quickly. A low-carb dish with one net carb each, you won’t have to feel guilty if you keep on eating this delicious meal for your lunch.
Is Pepperoni Keto?
Yes, Pepperoni is keto. Most of the cured meats are acceptable for a keto diet. You can use any type of pepperoni that you like for this recipe.
Can I Substitute the Coconut Flour?
Yes, you can. You can substitute the coconut flour with almond flour and would need the same amount in this recipe.
Although this is the case, according to Annie Holmes, the coconut flour produces a better product. The coconut flour is a very light flour and it absorbs moisture better than an almond flour. The bites made with coconut flour is soft and fluffy while the results created by the almond flour is dense. Both of the options do work and almond flour is a good alternative for the coconut flour.
Tips for Making the Keto Pepperoni Mini Pizza Bites
- If you are in a different altitude or you used extra large eggs, and you noticed that there is still a lot of moisture in the mixture, just chill your dough for a longer time.
- Chilling is important. If you don’t chill your dough, your bites will flatten as they cook. Although they would still have a delicious taste, they will spread a lot while they cook.
- It is better to bake your pepperoni mini pizza bites on silicone lined sheets so they will cook evenly, and will not stick, making it easier for you to move your mini pizza bites to a plate.
Keto Pepperoni Mini Pizza Bites
- 2 cups chopped or sliced pepperoni
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cream cheese, pepperoni, shredded cheese and eggs until completely combined.
- Add in remaining ingredients until well combined and chill 10 minutes to allow the flour time to absorb the moisture. If after 10 minutes there is still a considerable amount of moisture, chill another 10 minutes.
- Drop onto a greased baking sheet (I like to use the silicone baking mats) using a small cookie scoop.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until golden brown.