Everyone should keep a sugar-free ice cream sandwich in their freezer at all times. This Keto Ultimate Frozen Frosty Treat is light, creamy, smooth, and gluten-free, making it ideal for diabetics and Keto dieters alike.
Keto Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe by Zuzana
It’s also known as Russian ice cream and is known as a sugar-free ice cream sandwich to most of you. It was given that name since it originated in Russia, as did most things at the time. Those frozen sandwiches, invariably labeled Russian Ice Cream, may still be found in practically any supermarket under numerous brands.
The finest part about it is the extremely creamy, not-too-sweet consistency.
Best sweetener for the sugar-free ice cream sandwich
In comparison to other sweeteners, allulose will give any Sugar-Free Ice Cream that extra creaminess and smoothness we’re all after.
Using pure Erythritol will always result in a little grainy ice cream, and any combination of sweeteners will never achieve the same level of smoothness as Allulose.
If you don’t have Allulose on available, the second recommendation is to use Xylitol instead.
Don’t worry if you don’t have Allulose or Xylitol. A pinch of Xanthan Gum will help to smooth things out even more.
Sugar-free ice cream cones
Make the wafers and cut them into squares instead of rolling them into a cone shape, which will give you a beautiful thin wafer for the bottom and top of our Ice Cream Sandwich.
What can I use instead of wafers for the ice cream sandwich?
The following can be a good substitute for wafers as your ice cream cones:
- Chocolate Chaffles
- Sweet Waffles
Tips in making the ice cream sandwich
- Sweeteners – Allulose is the preferred sweetener, but Xylitol or a pinch of Xanthan gum should suffice.
- Cling film – cling film prevents air from entering the ice and causing frozen particles.
- Cutting – if the sandwiches are too firm, don’t cut them right away. Allow the ice cream to thaw somewhat before cutting it.
- Fast melting – the Ice Cream Sandwiches melt quickly due to their lightness.
Other recipes you might like to try: Sugar Free Ice Cream Bars Recipe, Creamy Chocolate Mousse Keto Recipe, Easy Keto Coffee Jelly with Cream Recipe
Keto Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1 Electric Hand Blender
- 1 Pizelle Maker
- 1 Square Bake Pan
- 1 Egg White
- 1/4 cup Unflavored Whey Protein
- 1.5 tbsp Sugar Sweetener
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1/4 tsp Xantham Gum
- Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 3 tbsp Sweetener
- drop Vanilla Extract
- Prepare all of the ingredients for ice cream cones to make your wafers.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together and as of last add Xanthan Gum.
- Using a Pizzelle Maker make wafers one by one
- Immediately when one of the wafers is ready using scissors, cut them into a square shape as they harden and are more difficult to cut later on.
- Prepare all of the ingredients for the actual ice cream sandwich making.
- First off, whisk a heavy cream together with sweetener until a stiff peak forms and place it aside.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites until fluffy.
- Lastly, whisk egg yolks together with sweetener until you get a beautiful light yellow fluffy consistency. Once done, place aside.
- Using a big bowl, place heavy cream, egg whites, and egg yolks into it and gently combine them all together.
- Once both, the ice-cream wafers and actual ice cream are prepared you can start the assembly. Prepare a square baking pan preferably silicone as that is much easier to take out from once frozen.
- Place 4 square wafers onto the bottom of the baking pan.
- On top of the wafers, gently scoop out the mixture.
- On top of the mixture place another 4 square wafers and cover with cling film.
- Place into the freezer overnight.
- Once your sugar-free ice cream sandwiches are fully frozen and you’re ready to serve, take them out of the freezer.
- Let the Ice Cream Thaw for a while and place it onto a cutting board, and cut it into smaller portions.