Keto Grilled Asparagus recipe is quick and easy to make. This grilled asparagus is perfect for your keto diet, tender, full of flavor and versatile vegetable that is a perfect summer side dish that you can partner with your main meal like seafood, fish or meat.
Grilled asparagus with caesar aioli Recipe by taste.com.au
Methods to Grill Asparagus other content Tips by on Taryn
- Start by washing and trimming your asparagus. Then toss with the oils and sprinkle with salt. Heat your grill to 400 degrees, and then line your grill grates with aluminum foil or use a pan that is safe to use on the grill. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place your asparagus on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes. Do not asparagus half way through cooking.
- Then while the asparagus is cooking in a small bowl mix your rice vinegar, mayo, soy sauce, and garlic powder and sesame oil together. Stir and then drizzle over the grilled asparagus and sprinkle with sesame oil.
- Roasting the asparagus in the oven gives you a similar flavor to grilling.
- If you have ever laid asparagus directly on grill grates, you might have struggled with how the thinner stalks slip off and fall right into the coals below. You can grill it on the grill with a little technique to prevent the asparagus from falling through the grates. I do recommend though that you buy thicker stalks of asparagus for grilling. You will find that having thicker stems will help you to have a more even cooking and they won’t burn or overcook as much. Thinner stalks go from raw to overcooked in a hurry.
Grilled Asparagus Keto Veggy
- 4 fillets anchovy , drained and finely chopped
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 1 small garlic clove , crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard , or any mustard of your choice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 bunches asparagus , woody ends trimmed
- olive oil , to grease
- Lemon wedges , to serve
- Shaved parmesan , to serve
- Process the anchovy, egg yolk, garlic and mustard in a food processor until smooth. With the motor running, gradually addthe oil in a thin, steady stream until the mixture is thick and pale. Add the lemon juice and process until smooth. Add the hot water and process until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue grill on medium-high. Brush asparagus with oil. Cook half the asparagus, turning, for 2-3 minutes or until tender crisp. Transfer to a serving platter. Repeat with the remaining asparagus.
- Drizzle half the caesar aïoli over the asparagus. Top with parmesan and season with pepper. Serve with remaining aïoli and lemon wedges.