This healthy Keto Garlic Greek Chicken is perfect for your diet that is full of flavor and smells amazing!
This Keto Garlic Greek Chicken is truly the meal of your dreams, it’s got that crispy chicken skin, the briny olives, and all that saltiness is balanced perfectly with the freshness of the bursting spices and lemon.
If you’ve been following Cast Iron Keto for a while you may already know I used to have an a version to olives, you can tell by the amount in this fantastic meal. Of course, if you aren’t as big an olive fan feel free to reduce the amount. This greek chicken recipe is packed with Mediterranean flavors like lemon, olives, asparagus, and zucchini!
Can I Use Boneless Chicken?
If you want to use boneless breasts you can – keep in mind that they are faster to cook (5 minutes). You can always use a meat thermometer to check if they’re done – poultry is cooked through when it’s 165° F.
If you’re new to chicken thighs though, I highly recommend giving them a shot! It’s a total game changer for flavor and my kids are happier to eat them too since they don’t dry out.
Other recipes you might like to try:
Keto Garlic Greek Chicken
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 lemon juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper fresh
- 1/2 lb asparagus
- 1 zucchini sliced into semi circle
- 1 lemon sliced into circle
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano. Whisk until combined then add chicken thighs and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to cook the chicken, preheat oven to 425°. In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining tablespoon olive oil. Season both sides of marinated chicken with salt and pepper, then add chicken skin-side down and pour in the remaining marinade.
- Sear until the skin becomes golden and crispy, about 10 minutes. Flip chicken and add asparagus, zucchini and lemons to the skillet.
- Transfer pan to oven and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.