This Keto-friendly Kimchi Soup recipe is quick and easy to make and uses only 7 ingredients. A healthy soup packed with satisfying flavors.
25 Minute Kimchi Soup Recipe by JUSTIN WINN
How To Make Kimchi Soup:
Here are the steps:
- Brown the ground pork in a stockpot or dutch oven.
- Prep the other ingredients while the pork is cooking.
- Add in the aromatics and cook for a couple of minutes with the pork.
- Mix in the bone broth and kimchi and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
Kimchi is a traditional Korean side dish made from salted and fermented vegetables. It is most typically made with cabbage, radish, garlic, onion, and other seasonings and spices like ginger and chili flakes or powder.
This kimchi soup is a great option for meal prep! You can make a big pot in under 30 minutes over the weekend and use the leftovers for lunches or dinners during the week.
This soup will also last for about a week in the refrigerator. To reheat, simply toss it in the microwave (with a paper towel cover to prevent splattering) to warm it up or you can just reheat it in a pan on the stove.
It’s also freezer-friendly if that’s your preferred method for meal prep. Just freeze the soup and let it thaw out in the fridge when you are ready to heat it up and eat it.
Keto-Friendly Kimchi Soup
- 1 lb ground pork, (can sub ground chicken or turkey or even any leftover pork)
- 4 green onions, diced (the white and green parts are used in separate steps)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated on a microplane
- 1/2 cup kimchi juice (approximate, just use whatever you can drain from the jar)
- 2 cups kimchi (drained and roughly chopped)
- 4 cups beef broth
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat and add pork. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pork is almost cooked through, about 6-7 minutes.
- While the pork is cooking, prepare the onions, garlic, ginger and kimchi as noted.
- When the pork is almost browned, add in the white part of the green onions, garlic and ginger. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the kimchi, kimchi juice and beef broth and bring the pot to a low boil. Turn heat down and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with diced green onion. Serve and enjoy.