This Keto Fried Chicken Parmesan is low-carb recipe perfectly crisp and smothered in marina and mozzarella. Your entire family love this delicious and classic dish.
Keto Chicken Parmesan Recipe by ANNIE
Chicken Parmesan is a delicious dish featuring a crispy breaded chicken breast topped with savory tomato sauce and melted mozzarella and parmesan! This basically a meaty version of Eggplant Parmesan. Sometimes, you will see a slice of ham, bacon or prosciutto added and it is referred to as Chicken Parmigiana.
Ingredients for Keto Fried Chicken Parmesan?
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need for this recipe. For the printable recipe card just keep scrolling.
- Chicken breast: cut horizontally so they are thinner and more uniform in size.
- For the Breading: Eggs, garlic, heavy cream, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, pork rind panko almond flour, and grated parmesan cheese.
- Low Carb Marinara Sauce: there are several brands available at most grocery stores.
- Cheese: shredded mozzarella, shredded parmesan.
How do you make keto breadcrumbs?
In place of traditional breadcrumbs we use pork rind panko. This is a super simple, affordable option that is great to replace panko breadcrumbs. Place a bag of pork rinds in a food processor and blend until it resembles breadcrumbs. Voila! The perfect crispy, crunchy zero card breadcrumb option!
Is there low carb marinara?
Yes, actually this is becoming more common. Traditional marinara has added sugar which makes it a bit out of range for a keto diet. Just remember to check your labels.
How do you make Low-Carb Keto Fried Chicken Parmesan?
- Slice the chicken: slice the chicken horizontally (as if butterflying, but actually cut it all the way through). This gives you thinner, more uniform pieces of chicken.
- Set up the breading station: lay out two shallow bowls. In one bowl add the eggs, heavy cream and garlic. Whisk and set aside. In a second bowl combine the pork rind panko, almond flour, parmesan and spices.
- Bread the chicken: place the chicken in the egg mixture and make sure it is completely covered. Then dredge in the breading until coated well.
- Pan fry the chicken: heat a large skillet over medium heat, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the skillet. Fry each side of the chicken 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Top: place the chicken in a baking dish, top with marinara (you can add additional marinara to the pan if you love your Chicken Parmesan saucy) then top with shredded mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake: Bake the chicken 20-25 minutes until the chicken has reached an internal temp of 165 degrees and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
The Best Chicken Parmesan
- Slice the chicken horizontally so the chicken is thinner and more uniform. If you use large chicken breast that are super thick they will be overcooked and tough on the outside before the internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- Bread the chicken thoroughly. Remember you want a bit of crispy, crunchy coating in each bite!
- If you want crispier chicken, go easy on the sauce. If you really love a good saucy chicken parmesan, you can add a thin layer of the marinara to the pan before adding the chicken.
Keto Fried Chicken Parmesan
- 2 large chicken breast, cut horizontally to create 4 thinner slices.
Bowl 1: Eggs for Breading
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
Bowl 2: Keto Breading
- 1 cup pork rind panko
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
For the Toppings
- 1 cup low carb marinara
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a shallow bowl combine the eggs, heavy cream and minced garlic. Whisk the eggs until well combined.
In a second shallow bowl combine the pork rind panko, almond flour, parmesan and slices.
- Place each chicken fillet in the egg mixture and completely cover. Next, dredge in the breading mixture until it is completely coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add enough oil to cover the bottom of the skillet. Fry the chicken 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown (chicken will not be cooked through).
- Place the chicken in a baking dish. Top with low carb marinara, mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and the mozzarella has begun to brown on top.