This Keto Cilantro Chicken Recipe is the best way to change your chicken cooking routine! It’s so easy that will surely make your weeknight dinner perfect. Keto Cilantro Chicken Recipe is a keto-friendly chicken dish that is cooked in lime sauce. This recipe requires minimal prep and clean-up so you don’t end stressing about dirty pots and pans later!
Easy One Skillet Cilantro-Lime Chicken Recipe by Sheela Prakash
If you’re constantly looking for ways to mix up your weeknight chicken routine, consider this your new addition. It’s quick and crowd-pleasing, filled with bright cilantro and saucy lime flavor, and easy to clean up. In other words, your dinner roster will thank you.
A 5-Ingredient Keto Cilantro Chicken Recipe That’s Easy to Love
It’s easy to get in a chicken breast rut, but this recipe will get you back in your groove. The chicken cooks in a fragrant sauce of garlic, butter, lime zest and juice, and fresh cilantro, which boosts the flavor of the chicken and makes it moist. The acid from the limes protects the meat from drying out, while the touch of butter lends just enough richness to each bite. Although not essential, serving the chicken over rice or cauliflower rice is a smart move, because you’ll want to enjoy every bit of the sauce.
The skillet is so much faster and easier, and the boneless thighs I used are always tender and juicy.
Can I use chicken breast?
Yes, you can make this with boneless, skinless chicken breast. Chicken breasts are a little more finicky, though, so you’ll need to do an extra step. Since chicken breasts dry out faster, make sure to pound your chicken breasts out to an even thickness, no more than 3/4″ thick before cooking. This will ensure that the chicken can cook all the way through quickly, without drying out.
Can I cook the cilantro lime chicken on a grill?
Yes. Marinate the chicken as usual, then cook on the grill, until well browned and cooked through on each side. The open flame will give this chicken even more depth of flavor.
Keto Cilantro Chicken
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Pieces chicken breasts Must be boneless and skinless, and pounded to 1/2 inch thick
- 1 kosher salt
- black pepper Ground
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Cloves garlic Minced
- 2 Medium sized Limes Use the grated zest
- 1/4 Cup Squeezed Lime juice From 2 to 4 Limes
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Cilantro leaves and stems
- Cooked Rice Optional; For serving
- Dry the chicken with tissue papers. Season Chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a 10 inch or larger skillet on medium to high heat. Add the chicken and cook until both sides are brown, which will take about 5 to 7 minutes per side. Set aside the chicken on a plate.
- Turn the heat down to a medium. Place the butter, garlic and lime zest. Cook by stirring for 1 minute. Stir in the lime juice. Place the chicken back in the skillet. Reduce the heat to a weak simmer and cover the skillet. Standby until the chicken is cooked and registers as a 165ºF on an instant read thermometer, which is about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Stir in the Cilantro and pour some of the sauce over the chicken. Serve as is or with rice.
- Calories (426)
- Fat (16.4 g)
- Saturated (5.7 g)
- Carbs (6 g)
- Fiber (1.3 g)
- Sugars (0.9 g)
- Protein (61.8 g)
- Sodium (125.3 mg)