This Keto Chicken Salad Homemade is a low-carb recipe that uses Chicken breast or thighs. This is a very easy and quick-made recipe.
Homemade Keto Chicken Salad Recipe by JUSTIN WINN
This keto chicken salad recipe fits the bill on all counts!
- Easy to make
- Great for leftovers
- Versatile, you can eat it in different ways
- Full of healthy fats and flavor.
How To Make Keto Chicken Salad Homemade:
Making this chicken salad recipe doesn’t require much effort, it’s as easy as 1,2,3!
- Cook and chop or shred your chicken and bacon.
- Chop your fresh ingredients.
- Mix in the mayo and seasonings.
Here are some time-saving tips to consider:
- Use the meat from a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken.
- Make the chicken in a crockpot or instant pot the day before.
- Cook the chicken in the oven along with the bacon on a sheet pan. This method is best for a chopped chicken salad (not shredded).
- Prep all of the other ingredients while the chicken and bacon are cooking.
HOW TO MEAL PREP CHICKEN SALAD?
This recipe is perfect for meal prep! It keeps well in the fridge for at least 5 days and you can utilize it in many ways. Like a chicken salad for meal prep because it actually gets better the day after you make it!
CAN YOU FREEZE CHICKEN SALAD?
Speaking of meal prep, you might be wondering if you can freeze chicken salad.
You can make the chicken salad and freeze it, but the mayo will separate and make the salad watery. If you want to save time and get the best tasting results, here’s what is suggested:
- Cook and shred/chop the chicken and bacon.
- Mix in all the remaining ingredients except the mayo, mustard, and lemon juice.
- Place everything in a container or freezer bag.
- When you’re ready, thaw the chicken salad overnight in the refrigerator. Drain any excess water or juice.
- Mix in the mayo, mustard, and lemon juice. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keto Chicken Salad Homemade
- 6 pieces bacon, diced
- 4 cups shredded chicken or other leftover chicken (see recipe notes)
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped pistachios (optional topping)
- Dice bacon and heat a pan over medium heat. Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is brown and starting to get crispy. Remove and place on a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
- While bacon is cooking, cut up celery and olives and place them in a bowl.
- Add shredded chicken to the bowl along with the lemon juice, mustard, mayo and chopped dill. Add the bacon in and mix will to incorporate. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- For optimal taste, refrigerate for 1-2 hours to completely cool and allow the flavors to combine. Serve with optional chopped pistachios if desired and enjoy.