This Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup is the best comfort food for your weeknights! It’s healthy, keto-friendly, and low in carbohydrates. There is no better way to get through a cold winter day than by drowning yourself in a big bowl of comfort food like this Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup. It’s super creamy and easy to make, too.
Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup (Keto Slow Cooker Mexican Soup) Recipe by Seeking Good Eats
This soup is with a creamy broth of green enchiladas sauce, salsa verde, cheeses, and tender shredded chicken, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. Perfect for those busy nights! This Mexican soup recipe is keto and low carb friendly which will make everyone happy! You can cook this on a stovetop or in an Instant Pot.
Tasty Soup Recipe
Both creamy and zesty it tastes just like chicken enchiladas – only better! As mentioned above, start with mild and each person can build their heat with a green hot sauce or additional green salsa.
Easy Mexican Soup
An easy Mexican soup recipe for creamy chicken enchilada soup (slow cooker) is just the ticket! To get the soup cooking, you literally dump your chicken, soup, and sauce in and cook all day. Later, you add the half and half and cheeses to melt. So easy!
Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup
This is a creamy chicken enchilada soup. We added the half and half and cheeses to add the necessary fat as we are following a keto diet. There are no added carbs or tortillas in this soup so it is also considered low carb. You could also use heavy cream instead of half and half.
- To add heat use more green salsa or a green chili hot sauce.
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened before adding to the soup. Cold cream cheese will not melt very well. You can even soften in the microwave before adding to the soup.
- For best “meltability” (yes, a new word), always grate your own cheese. Pre-packaged grated cheese is coated in potato starch which helps prevent sticking in the package. Unfortunately, this also keeps it from melting very well.
Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 28 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 24 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, cubed at room temperature (or softened)
- 4 oz green salsa (salsa verde)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- In a 6-quart slow cooker add chicken breast or thighs, green enchilada sauce, and chicken broth. Cook on Low 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. Add shredded chicken, jack cheese, cream cheese, half and half, and green salsa to slow cooker. Turn crockpot to warm and stir until cheeses are melted. Add hot sauce or additional salsa to taste.
- Serve and enjoy! Delicious topped with avocado, cilantro, green onion, and sour cream.
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Cook your chicken on high pressure with 1 cup of broth for 8 minutes. Do a quick release after 10 minutes. Remove chicken and shred.
- Set pot to saute medium, and add remaining broth, shredded chicken, green enchilada sauce, salsa, and heat until warm. Add cheese and remaining ingredients. Stir until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- In a large stockpot, add chicken and broth. Simmer until chicken is done and can easily be pulled apart. Remove chicken and shred.
- Add shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, half and half, jack cheese, cream cheese, and green salsa to the pot. Stir and heat soup until it is warm and the cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve with additional green salsa, hot sauce, and sour cream on the side. Enjoy!
- This recipe makes a mild to medium spice soup. To add spice use additional green salsa or a green chili hot sauce.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before adding to the soup.
Nutrition Information:Amount Per Serving:
- CALORIES: 346
- TOTAL FAT: 17g
- SATURATED FAT: 9g
- TRANS FAT: 0g
- UNSATURATED FAT: 7g
- CHOLESTEROL: 130mg
- SODIUM: 962mg
- CARBOHYDRATES: 7g
- NET CARBOHYDRATES: 6g
- FIBER: 1g
- SUGAR: 4g
- PROTEIN: 39g