All these negative temperatures are making us feel that winter is really on its way to breeze our bodies. That’s why this Keto Chicken Buffalo Soup recipe is just in time to transform your cold days into warm days with this comfort food. As much as this is a comfort food, this Keto Chicken Buffalo Soup is also low carb, which is perfect for your keto diet. This dish only takes 30 minutes of your time, enjoy!
Low Carb Buffalo Soup Recipe by Wholesome Yum
PRESSURE COOKER CHICKEN SOUP FOR BUSY NIGHTS
This recipe is from the want to make lots of spicy, flavorful food in the weeks following our trip. This recipe is another opportunity to use your Instant Pot! It is about time to make a keto pressure cooker chicken soup in it.
Although, Instant Pot takes some time to get used to. With a slow cooker, the oven, or stove, you can see how things are going in the process. Unlike every other cooking method, the main issue with a pressure cooker is that you can’t “check on” your food to see if it’s done. Fortunately, the Instant Pot makes up for that slight downside. It just takes some practice – or an arsenal of great recipes! The huge advantage is that you can make things a lot faster, and it tends to be less cleanup, too. Win, win!
The process for how to make buffalo chicken soup in a pressure cooker is very straightforward. The Instant Pot does all the work.
Other recipes you might like to try: Gluten Free Salmon Patties, Fresh Vegetable Rolls, Berry and Banana Smoothie
Keto Chicken Buffalo Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup celery (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 lb Shredded chicken (cooked)
- 4 cup chicken bone broth (or any chicken broth)
- 3 tbsp Buffalo sauce (or 2 tbsp for less heat)
- 6 oz cream cheese (at room temperature, cubed)
- 1 cup Half & half (or heavy cream)
Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker Instructions
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot. Add the oil, chopped onion, and celery. Cook for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and start to brown.
- Add garlic. Sauté for about a minute, until fragrant. Press the Off button.
- Add the shredded chicken, broth, and buffalo sauce.
- Cover and seal the Instant Pot. Press the Soup button and adjust time to 5 minutes. After cooking is complete, let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then switch to quick release and open the lid.
- Ladle about a cup of liquid (without chicken) from the edge of the Instant Pot and pour into a blender. Add the cubed cream cheese. Puree until smooth. (If it's hard to blend, you can add a little more liquid.)
- Pour the mixture back into the Instant Pot. Add the half & half or heavy cream. Stir until smooth.
Crock Pot / Slow Cooker Instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, and celery. Cook for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and start to brown.
- Add garlic. Sauté for about a minute, until fragrant.
- Place the shredded chicken, broth, and buffalo sauce to the slow cooker. Add all the ingredients from the pan and stir.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on low.
- Ladle about a cup of liquid (without chicken) from the edge of the slow cooker and pour into a blender. Add the cubed cream cheese. Puree until smooth. (If it's hard to blend, you can add a little more liquid.)
- Pour the mixture back into the slow cooker. Add the half & half or heavy cream. Stir until smooth.