Keto Cheesecake Stuffed Cookies is a wonderful mashup of both cheesecake and cookies. You get to taste the offspring of these two delightful desserts. These Keto Cheesecake Stuffed Cookies are soft and fluffy. It is a buttery cookie that is full of thick, creamy layer of cheesecake for a two-in-one sweet treat!
Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe by CookiesAndCups
The “cheesecake” filling is actually more of a cream cheese frosting, but let’s not get technical. Creamy cheesecake fills these thick chocolate chip cookies for the ultimate cookie treat!
Pro Tip to Making Your Keto Cheesecake Stuffed Cookies Pretty
- If they come out of the oven misshapen, use a spatula to form them back into a circle. This dough doesn’t spread a whole lot, but if you feel like you need to, just use the spatula to mold them as soon as they come out of the oven before they’ve cooled at all!
- Reserve some of your chocolate chips when you add them into the dough. Just set them aside for when the cookies come out of the oven and place a few extra chips on top to give them that “perfect”, bakery-style cookie look!
How to Stuff The Cookies With Cheesecake?
- As stated in the recipe start with cold cream cheese. You will mix this with powdered sugar until it’s smooth, but it will still be cool. Once you mix that together, scrape out the mixing bowl and place the cream cheese mixture in the fridge to keep it cold while you make your cookie dough.
- Once you’ve mixed your cookie dough up, use a MEDIUM cookie scoop (which holds slightly less than 2- tablespoons) to scoop out the dough. This will ensure that all your cookies are the exact same size.
- Once you have the dough scooped out, flatten it out. Scoop out 2- teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture and place it in the center of the dough. I have a 2- teaspoon measuring spoon, but if you don’t, after you measure out 2- teaspoons a few times, you will get the feel of the amount and most likely won’t need to measure it anymore.
- Form the cookie dough around the cream cheese mixture, making sure to seal it up. It doesn’t have to be perfect, just do your best!
- Roll the dough into a ball and place the balls onto a baking sheet 2- inches apart.
Keto Cheesecake Stuffed Cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar, mixing on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Transfer the cream cheese mixture into a smaller bowl, and place in the refrigerator while you prepare your cookie dough.
- Using the same mixing bowl and paddle attachment mix the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the egg, the egg yolk, vanilla, baking soda, and salt, mixing for 1 minute until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly incorporated.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop, portion out the dough. Flatten each dough ball into a flat circle. Scoop 2- teaspoons of the cold cream cheese mixture out and place each scoop in the center of the flattened dough. Form the dough into a ball around the cream cheese, making sure it’s sealed inside.
- Place the cookie dough balls onto the baking sheet 2- inches apart and bake for 9 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the tops are just set.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store airtight refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- Keep them at room temperature overnight and they will be fine!