There are hundreds of keto dishes, but only a handful will become tried-and-true keto staples. Our keto beef and broccoli stir fry recipe is the perfect example of this. Not only will it satisfy your craving for Chinese takeout, but it is so easy-to-make and delicious that you’ll feel like a professional chef after each flavorful bite.
Keto Beef and Broccoli Recipe by RuledMe
How to Make the Best Keto Beef Broccoli
With this keto recipe, you’ll be following a similar process as you would with our keto chicken stir fry: (1) prep, (2) cook meat and veggies separately, and (3) combine everything together.
Though following the recipe step-by-step is all you need for a delicious keto-friendly dish, there are few extra tips you can implement to take your keto beef and broccoli to another level:
1. Marinate your steak longer. Though we call for the steak to marinate for 30 minutes, you can also let it marinate overnight (for up to 24 hours) or throughout the day (for around 12 hours) to cut down on your dinner prep time and enhance the flavor of your steak.
2. Cut the prep and cook time for a super quick dinner. To keep your prep to a minimum, buy pre-cut broccoli florets, minced garlic, and minced ginger. You can also decrease the cooking time by skipping the blanching process and using two pans at once, one for the beef and one for the broccoli and sauce.
3. Thicken the sauce. Whisk or stir 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum into the sauce from the pan. Stir until the sauce has thickened. This will be one of the last steps before plating your keto beef and broccoli.
4. Make it extra spicy. Add some sugar-free hot sauce or sambal olek into your sauce or used it as a garnish.
5. Sweeten it up without the sugar. If you prefer a bit of sweetness in your sauce, mix 1-2 teaspoons of a powdered keto-friendly sweetener (with a similar sweetness as sugar) into your marinade.
6. Garnish. Don’t forget the toasted sesame oil, as it will enhance the overall flavor of your dish. Sesame seeds, chopped green onion, and fresh cracked pepper are great garnishes for this dish as well.
7. Serve with a keto side. For an extra boost of fat, flavor, and nutrition, serve your keto chicken and broccoli over Low-carb Cauliflower Fried Rice.
Keto Beef and Broccoli
- 16 ounce flat iron steak cerve
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 8 ounce broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Prep all ingredients.
- Slice the flat iron steak into thin slices. Make sure to slice against the grain so that the beef is not chewy in the finished dish.
- Combine the beef with the soy sauce, garlic, and ginger in a small tupperware or plastic bag. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, bring a pot of water to a boil. Blanch the broccoli for 2-3 minutes, then remove from water and drain thoroughly. Set aside.
- Drain the marinade from the beef, reserving the marinade for later (this will be the stir-fry sauce).
- In a pan over high heat, add the avocado oil. Once hot, add the beef and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Once browned, remove from the pan, leaving any remaining oil in the pan.
- Add broccoli into the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp but tender. Add the reserved marinade liquid and into the pan and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Once you add the marinade into the pan, sprinkle xanthan gum over the liquid and stir to help thicken.
- Place the beef back into the pan along with the fish sauce and toasted sesame oil to warm through.
- Once everything is hot, serve immediately.