The delicious Keto Bacon Ranch Pinwheels is a combination of few basic ingredients. This low-crab and gluten-free recipe is so easy to make for a great appetizer or lunch.
Turkey Bacon Ranch Pinwheels Recipe by ANNIE
After all of the excitement of the holiday season we always crave simplicity. We love removing all the seasonal decor and enjoying how fresh and clean our home feels. The exact same principal applies to food. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas there are weeks of cooking intricate, complicated meals and ready for easy!
These Turkey Bacon Ranch Pinwheels fit the bill perfectly! This recipe only requires a few ingredients and is incredibly satisfying! Enjoy these for an easy lunch or pair with a soup or salad for a deliciously simply dinner!
Ingredients for Keto Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
You will find the exact recipe and instructions below, but this is a basic overview along with some tips and tricks to make the best pinwheels:
- 12 Inch Tortillas: regular, gluten free, low carb, or flavored options such as Spinach and Herb
- Deli Turkey: your favorite variety, such as smoked, cajun, or roasted
- Cream Cheese: regular or reduced fat
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
Tips and Tricks for the Best Pinwheels
- The most common problem with pinwheel recipes is that they can become soggy. An easy solution is to use a few paper towels and pat the deli meat and bacon completely dry. Often, packaged deli meat can contain a lot of moisture straight out of the package, this can be a problem.
- Warm the tortillas 15-20 seconds in the microwave so they are easily pliable and roll easily instead of cracking. This is an especially important tip when using gluten free tortillas, as they are prone to cracking easily.
Are Keto Bacon Ranch Pinwheels Good For Meal Prep?
Of course! Make the pinwheels ahead of time and store them in tightly sealed plastic wrap. Slice just before serving so they do not dry out. Find the taste and texture is best when the pinwheels are eaten within three days.
This is a great recipe to customize based on your personal preferences. You can easily switch up the protein in this recipe, or the variety of cheese used for a unique flavor. Some great substitutions and additions are:
- Spinach: add de-stemmed baby spinach to the tortilla before rolling for added nutritional value.
- Vegetables: add finely chopped vegetables such as green onions, bell peppers, broccoli, or carrots to the cream cheese mixture. Just be sure you pat the vegetables very dry so they do not make your pinwheels soggy.
- Cheese: switch the cheddar for Pepper-Jack to add a little spice. Alternatively, use Gruyère, Swiss or Smoked Gouda for a more elevated flavor profile.
- Sauce: feel free to add a little hot sauce, mustard, or any other flavor sauce to the cream cheese mixture.
Other recipes you might like to try: Pecan Butter Cheesecake, Quinoa Lasagna Zucchini, Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Keto Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
- 4 10 inch tortillas*
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1 1/2 tbsp dry Ranch seasoning
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 9 ounce package deli turkey
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- Combine the softened cream cheese, Ranch seasoning, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped bacon in a small bowl.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on the tortilla and layer the deli turkey on top.
- Carefully, but tightly roll the tortilla and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill the rolls at least 30 minutes for best flavor.
- Slice into 1 inch thick pinwheels