In just about 30 minutes, you can make these Keto Bacon California Rolls. There is no rice, cauliflower rice, or seaweed/nori in the Keto Style Sushi. It’s naturally gluten, dairy, and sugar free with only four ingredients. Stuffed with Crab and Avocado and sprinkled with Toasted Sesame Seeds, the easy to make Bite Sized Bacon Sushi Style Rolls are delicious.
Keto Bacon California Rolls Recipe by Lindsay Baker
These Keto Bacon California Rolls are quick and easy to make, but they don’t have the carbs that traditional Sushi has. They’re a low-carb variant of sushi that may be produced in a variety of ways.
How to make the Bacon California Rolls
To prepare this delicious Keto Sushi, start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, on a parchment paper-lined baking tray, arrange the bacon strips and bake for 18–20 minutes, adjusting the bacon halfway through. (Bacon can be cooked in a frying pan as well.)
To remove some of the fat from the cooked bacon, pat it with a paper towel. While the bacon is still warm, roll it into rolls. Allow the bacon rolls to cool on their sides. Unroll the bacon after it has cooled and lay a slice of avocado and a piece of crab on one end before rolling it up into a roll. Sesame seeds should be sprinkled on each roll. Refrigerate the mixture until ready to serve.
Tips on this recipe
- This recipe can be made with fresh, frozen, or canned crab. You may also use imitation crab, but make sure to read the ingredients because some types contain wheat. In addition, imitation crab has more carbohydrates than real crab.
- Instead of using the oven, cook the bacon in a frying pan
- If you want a more rice-like texture, combine a little bit of cauliflower rice and cream cheese. (The cream cheese will aid in the adhesion.)
- 1/2 cup crab equals approximately 8 ounces or 225 grams.
Other recipes you might like to try: Natural Vegan Sushi Roll Recipe, Omega 3 Poke Bowls Recipe, High Protein Baked Salmon Recipe
Keto Bacon California Rolls
- 12 slices Bacon
- 1/2 cup Crab
- 1/2 of an Avocado
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds Toasted
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lay the strips of bacon onto a parchment paper lined baking tray and bake for 18 – 20 minutes, tuning the bacon half way. (the bacon can also be cooked in a frying pan.)
- Pat the cooked bacon with paper towel to remove some of the grease. Then roll the bacon into rolls while it's still warm. Place the bacon rolls on their side to cool.
- Once the bacon has cooled, unroll it and place a slice of avocado and piece of crab onto one end and roll the bacon up into a roll. Sprinkle each of the rolls with the toasted sesame seeds. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.