Keto Bacon Brussel Sprout is the best recipe with an Asian flair that is nutritious. This Keto Bacon Brussel sprout is also the best for your healthy diet. It is full of vitamins, fiber, and immunity-boosting vitamin C. This Keto Bacon Brussel Sprout makes a delicious low-carb side dish to any meal! Crispy, and all-around perfect you’re going to love this recipe!
Keto Low Carb Japanese Style Bacon Brussels Sprout Recipe by Low Carbing Asian
This is the best brussels sprouts recipe with an Asian flair! Savory and sweet with perfectly fried crispy bacon bits! Turn your ordinary pan-fry brussels sprout dish into an appetizing and satisfying sensation! Who loves brussels sprouts? There are surely some of you brussels sprout lovers out there but for the majority, it’s not their favorite.
This simple recipe takes brussels sprouts to new heights with its sweet and savory sauce combined with the wonderful flavors of bacon. A match made in heaven we assure you! After all, what isn’t good with bacon?
Keto Bacon Brussels Sprout
Now, if this doesn’t convince you to make this dish, we will also add that brussels sprouts are powerhouses of nutrition. They’re packed with vitamins, fiber, and immunity-boosting vitamin C. In addition, brussels sprout may also help with inflammation and to regulate blood sugar as well as fight certain cancers. One study showed that brussels sprout may also help lower cholesterol by helping it move out of the body.
Back to the cooking of brussels sprout, it’s important to mention not to overcook the Brussel sprouts.
When overcooked, an organic compound called glucosinolate sinigrin is released causing a sulfurous unappealing odor. This may just be the reason many people dislike brussels sprout, to begin with. So if you happen to be a brussels sprout lover or you’re someone looking to expand your veggie horizons, we recommend trying this delicious brussels sprout recipe. You can thank me later!
Keto Bacon Brussels Sprout
- 1 cup Brussels sprout
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Japanese Sake
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Swerve/Monkfruit
- 1/2 cup Bonito Flakes
- 3 cloves garlic
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Finely dice garlic and set aside.
- In a stovetop pot, add all the ingredients for the marinate – Soy Sauce, Japanese Sake, Water, Swerve/Monkfruit, Bonito Flakes, and Diced Garlic – and bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce to simmer heat and let the sauce reduce for 7-10 minutes or until slightly reduced. Once reduced, strain sauce with a strainer and make sure to squeeze/press any excess sauce from the bonito flakes. Set aside.
- In the meantime, cut bacon into 1/2 inch lengths and set aside.
- Cut brussels sprout into halves and set aside.
- Place a Teflon fry pan on medium heat and add bacon. Cook bacon until preferred liking (about 3 minutes for medium and 6 minutes for extra crispy) and transfer bacon to one holding bowl and the bacon oil into another holding bowl.
- Now take about 1 tbsp of the bacon oil and place back into the Teflon fry pan on high heat. Discard the remaining bacon oil. Once the oil starts to lightly smoke, add brussels sprout. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes until brussels sprout is tender. Add back bacon and sauce, mix well for 15 seconds to coat. Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy!
NutritionCalories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 47g
Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 61mg
Sodium: 1395mg | Potassium: 814mg | Fiber: 2g
Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 332IU | Vitamin C: 39mg
Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg